Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 110
The collection consists of two series: correspondence and photographs. This collection shows only a small segment of the Alworth family business.
The collection contains articles of incorporation, May 1911; minutes of the Board of Directors; an account ledger, 1911-1929; two cashbooks, 1911-1929; a tract book describing the land owned, its location, and the amount and quality of timber; and two maps of the area. Also included are stock certificates, 1919-1920.
The collection contains annual reports, 1964-1968, and the newsletter, Hy-Line By-Line,1964-1969.
The collection consists of industrial photographs taken by the donor during the duration of his studio's operation in Virginia, Minnesota which closed in 1956. Mr. Barclay continued shooting for industrial clients through 1963.
The collection contains correspondence, financial materials, articles, pamphlets, photographs, news clippings, sketchbooks, a tape recording, and miscellaneous reference materials. Most of the records originate from the period between 1940-1958 and document Barnes' financial interests and his involvement in the St. Lawrence Seaway project. Some personal correspondence is also included.
Collection contains: August 4, 1892, letter from Henry W. Oliver to Leonidas Merritt, president of Mt. Iron Company; $100,000 United States Steel Corporation Gold Bond (paid) to Andrew Carnegie; A September 16, 1904, canceled and paid check to Oliver Iron Mining Co. for $835,892.94.
The collection consists exclusively of dismantled scrapbooks of the newspaper advertisements bought by Bud’s from 1946-1978 in Duluth newspapers, and an occasional mail order brochure from the shop.
These family papers include letters between Edward Burger and Jennie Gabie before they married, family letters, young Ethel’s letters to “Papa”, references to Burger businesses “Burger & Myer Soaps”, “Burger & Burger Fuel and Feed”; a patent by Edward called Perfect Pencil Pockets; family photographs, and portrait photographs showing the three children from infancy to adulthood. Ethel Louise Burger Carrillo (1890-1963), or her family, had kept these papers.
The collection consists of business advertising cards of firms which either conducted business, or were located, in the Duluth, Minnesota area.
The collection consists of a single letter, dated May 2nd, 1883, to Agnes Kinnisch from Matthew Carroll or Mrs. Carroll. The letter concerns allegations made against Miss Kinnisch's character and confirms the Carrolls' positive experiences with Miss Kinnisch while she was employed as their domestic servant.
The collection consists primarily of black and white and color photographs by a photojournalist employed by a Duluth newspaper. The photographs are of the city of Duluth, events, people, as well as the northeast Minnesota area primarily from 1971, 1982-1990s; many are not dated and unidentified.
The collection contains three land books containing land locations, land and timber sales information, deed dates and records of land payments of the properties held by the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railway.
The collection contains a copy of an 1880 “catalog of stocks, bonds, western lands, town lots and other real estate belonging to Jay Cooke and Co. in bankruptcy to be sold.” The collection also includes a business card, telegraph ciphers, copies of two notes, a catalog.
The collection contains product advertisements with descriptions, National Electrical Manufacturers Association Standards, specifications and parts drawings, correspondence with James E. Frykdahl, Head of Coolerator's Engineering Department, and a copy of the firm's public auction.
The collection contains 8 photographs and the certificate of marriage for Frank L Cowen and Susan Bagley.
The collection contains correspondence pertaining to Davis' business, investments and personal interests.
The collection contains correspondence (civic organizations business letters, thank you notes, telegram, greeting and post cards), photographs, and newspaper clippings (articles about her activity in civic organizations, Bruen’s millinery advertisements, profile of other people involved in the same civic organizations, weddings and miscellaneous poems), in one scrapbook.
The collection contains correspondence concerning regulations and invoices.
The Duluth Board of Trade records include information about the functioning of the Board of Trade from its inception in 1881 to the dissolution of the company in 1972.
The collection contains a membership booklet for 1939 and 5 annuals.
The collection contains: cashbook, publications, news clippings, yearbooks, photographs, and scrapbooks. Some scrapbooks contain photographs.
The collection contains two minute books; news clippings, 1933-1971; correspondence, 1890-1986; articles of incorporation and by-laws, 1902; pamphlets; and photographs.
The collection consists of a four page report and one page cover letter, both dated April 1, 1966, and 26 black and white silver gelatin, 8x10, photographs. The photographs are of blocks and buildings between Michigan Street and Second Street, Mesabi Avenue to Third Ave. East.
The collection consists of annual reports (1984, 1985), balance sheets (1984-1986) and statement of operation to the shareholders from 1983-1988.
The collections consists of a one volume business ledger covering December 1904 through June 1906.
The collection consists of articles of incorporation (1938, 1960), board and membership minutes 2/5/1929-4/3/1975, reports of annual meetings, a small amount of correspondence, newsletters (1971-1975), yearly attendance records (1953-1956), Project forms for various activities (1971-1974), and one copy of BREEZES From The Port of Duluth, official newspaper of the Duluth Jaycees Vol. 9, No. 6, January, 1960, that includes a "roster of presidents of this chapter since its founding in 1926."
The collection contains a 1936 company catalogue with descriptions and photographs of Duluth Linen Company products and prices.
The collection holds: Articles of Incorporation with amendments June 1933, September 1947; By-laws 1943, September 4, 1947, December 31, 1957; purchase agreement by General Waterworks Corporation of Delaware, 1962; Financial records 1932-1958; Reincorporation under Minnesota Laws; Stockholders 1933, 1956, 1962; Reports to city of Duluth 1942-1979; Minutes volume 1929-1933 and 1942-1957
Black and white snapshots of Duluth street scenes, traffic, city buses, trucks, first street, downtown Duluth in winter, pedestrians, cars, buildings, children, Superior street, Woolworths, banks, store window displays, Railroad street, steam plant, etc. Some of these unidentified images have times of day noted: they may be court records.
The tape includes information about Dr. and Mrs. Emanuel's education, careers, the founding of the clinic, and the Duluth Symphony. Dr. Emanuel speaks in the third person.