Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The collection consists of two series: correspondence and photographs. This collection shows only a small segment of the Alworth family business.
The collection contains two minute books; news clippings, 1933-1971; correspondence, 1890-1986; articles of incorporation and by-laws, 1902; pamphlets; and photographs.
The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, accounting and sales ledgers, payroll cards, real estate, one film circa 1939 (WDSE video copy), and brewing records spanning the operation from near its beginning to its close.
This collection consists of a fragment of items which merely name some of the principle people and changes within the Insurance Service Agency over fifty years and a chronological sketch of the company’s history.
The collection consists of certificates of incorporation and by-laws and a history of the company; minutes 1908-1910; titles, leases, deeds 1887-1959; contracts, correspondence and minutes; stock ledgers 1902-1913; financial statements and balance sheets 1919-1944, 1945-1957; personnel 1956; appraisal 1917; and one black and white photograph of the buildings.
The collection consists of articles of incorporation, bylaws, annual reports (1940, 1946, 1948, 1954), titles, leases, deeds, stock certificates, financial statements; a list of salesmen (1953); annual roundup program; photograph of George Hill, John Howe, Sig Soberg (1957), and John Hutman; business letters; promotional material; product advertisements; John Patterson correspondence; a company history; and newspaper articles about the company.
The collection contains personal and financial correspondence, letterpress books, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, manuscripts written about local and family history, financial records, legal papers, maps, photographs, one audio cassette of an interview, and reference materials.
The collection contains contracts, statements, correspondence, and biographical material. Most of the records concern Paine's interest in the Bay View Land Co. from 1894 through 1921, and a lawsuit against the Security Bank by the Mercantile Bank of New York in 1896.
The collection contains business letters to and from the company, a bank note, and a bond.
- Duluth (Minn.) 7
- Business 6
- Photographs 6
- Newspaper clippings 5
- Minutes 4
- Articles of incorporation 3
- By-laws 3
- Letters 3
- Contracts 2
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 2
- Financial records 2
- Financial statements 2
- Hardware stores 2
- Ledgers 2
- Maps 2
- Publications 2
- Wholesale trade 2
- Account books 1 + ∧ less
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Marshall-Wells Hardware Company (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Alworth family 1
- Barnes, Julius H. (Julius Howland), 1873-1959 1
- Duluth Chamber of Commerce (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range Railway Company 1
- Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway Company 1
- Fitger Brewing Company 1
- Insurance Service Agency 1
- Kelley-How-Thomson Company 1
- Merritt family 1
- Merritt, Alfred R., 1847-1926 1
- Merritt, Alva Lucien, 1875-1947 1
- Merritt, Leonidas, 1844-1926 1
- Paine, Frederic W., 1856 September 14-1940 1
- Rockefeller, John D. (John Davison), 1839-1937 1
- Spalding, William W., 1820-1901 1
- Stone-Ordean-Wells Company 1
- United States Steel Company 1
- United States Steel Corporation 1 + ∧ less