Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
One brief tape, recorded when Dagmar Westin Michler was 78 years old.
The collection consists of a single letter, dated May 2nd, 1883, to Agnes Kinnisch from Matthew Carroll or Mrs. Carroll. The letter concerns allegations made against Miss Kinnisch's character and confirms the Carrolls' positive experiences with Miss Kinnisch while she was employed as their domestic servant.
Contains one photograph album titled College Days, compiled and lettered by Eloise Marie Decker during 1901-1902 while a student at Craggencroft school in Duluth, Minnesota. There are two copy negatives, one of Eloise at the time of her marriage in 1903, and one of her as a elderly woman. There are photocopies of the two photographs which were lent by the family for copying.
The collection contains 13 videotapes holding 29 interviews, and 8 topic videotapes. Most interviews are indexed.
The collection contains two folders of papers, one of personal papers (1905-1964), and one of employment records, local and state health department reports, and correspondence (1904-1941). Folder two holds December 30, 1927 letters about "disposal of dairy products from the Louis Jacobson farm in Cotton Township where a typhoid fever case developed."
The collections contains research materials compiled to write Dr. Hudelson's book published by the University of Minnesota Press in 2006 titled By the Ore Docks: A Working People’s History of Duluth.
The collection, arranged alphabetically by subject, contains reference materials, correspondence, photographs, minutes, and bulletins.
The collection consists of three audio recordings of interviews with Albertine Johnson. The interviewer was her son, Rudy Johnson. Interviews took place on September 7, 1977 and May 7, 1978.
The collection consists of interviews by Professor Richard Hudelson, Ph. D. of Donald Klaber on July 22, 1999 and March 2000.
The collection contains: biographical information, certificates, awards, miscellaneous, 1906-39; photographs 1904, ca. 1912; scrapbook 1911-23, news clippings—Finnish Relief Fund, 1939-40; publications about Duluth and Minnesota, 1912-22; articles by Van Cleef in magazines and newspapers, 1914-69; articles about and of interest to Van Cleef, 1919-70; research interests, 1920-1961; information on Finnish Rya rugs, 1923-25
The collection consists of two interviews that cover topics and recollections spanning 1919-1960s. The narrators are Sally E. Solomon (approximately 75 minutes) and Pearl Barker (85 minutes).
- Duluth (Minn.) 8
- Families 8
- Biography 6
- Photographs 6
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 5
- Education 5
- Employees 5
- Oral history 5
- Women 5
- Associations, institutions, etc. 4
- Finnish Americans 4
- Neighborhoods 4
- Oral history interviews 4
- Organizations 4
- Schools 4
- Audiocassettes 3
- Business 3
- Childhood and youth 3
- College students 3 ∧ less
- IWW 2
- American Steel & Wire Division 1
- Banning, Margaret Culkin , 1891-1982 1
- Barnes, Julius H. (Julius Howland), 1873-1959 1
- Carney, Jack 1
- Carroll, Matthew 1
- Decker, Eloise, 1882 February 12-1979 1
- Duluth State Teachers College 1
- Hedman, Gustav A., 1874-1964 1
- Hudelson, Richard 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- International Institute (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Johnson, Albertine, 1886 December 17-1984 December 29 1
- Johnson, Rudy, 1916 March 7-2007 January 14 1
- Kangas, Jussi Knute and Olga Sofie Johansson Kangas Hill, 1896 August 16-1932 1
- Klaber, Donald, 1916 February 28- 1
- Kurrle, Laura L., 1971?- 1
- Lewis, Sinclair, 1885-1951 1
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 1 ∧ less