Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 67
The collection consists of two series: correspondence and photographs. This collection shows only a small segment of the Alworth family business.
The collection consists of industrial photographs taken by the donor during the duration of his studio's operation in Virginia, Minnesota which closed in 1956. Mr. Barclay continued shooting for industrial clients through 1963.
The collection consists exclusively of dismantled scrapbooks of the newspaper advertisements bought by Bud’s from 1946-1978 in Duluth newspapers, and an occasional mail order brochure from the shop.
The collection consists of business advertising cards of firms which either conducted business, or were located, in the Duluth, Minnesota area.
The collection consists of a single letter, dated May 2nd, 1883, to Agnes Kinnisch from Matthew Carroll or Mrs. Carroll. The letter concerns allegations made against Miss Kinnisch's character and confirms the Carrolls' positive experiences with Miss Kinnisch while she was employed as their domestic servant.
The collection consists primarily of black and white and color photographs by a photojournalist employed by a Duluth newspaper. The photographs are of the city of Duluth, events, people, as well as the northeast Minnesota area primarily from 1971, 1982-1990s; many are not dated and unidentified.
The collection contains correspondence pertaining to Davis' business, investments and personal interests.
The collection contains correspondence concerning regulations and invoices.
The Duluth Board of Trade records include information about the functioning of the Board of Trade from its inception in 1881 to the dissolution of the company in 1972.
The collection contains a membership booklet for 1939 and 5 annuals.
The collection contains two minute books; news clippings, 1933-1971; correspondence, 1890-1986; articles of incorporation and by-laws, 1902; pamphlets; and photographs.
The collection consists of a four page report and one page cover letter, both dated April 1, 1966, and 26 black and white silver gelatin, 8x10, photographs. The photographs are of blocks and buildings between Michigan Street and Second Street, Mesabi Avenue to Third Ave. East.
The collection consists of annual reports (1984, 1985), balance sheets (1984-1986) and statement of operation to the shareholders from 1983-1988.
The collections consists of a one volume business ledger covering December 1904 through June 1906.
The collection consists of articles of incorporation (1938, 1960), board and membership minutes 2/5/1929-4/3/1975, reports of annual meetings, a small amount of correspondence, newsletters (1971-1975), yearly attendance records (1953-1956), Project forms for various activities (1971-1974), and one copy of BREEZES From The Port of Duluth, official newspaper of the Duluth Jaycees Vol. 9, No. 6, January, 1960, that includes a "roster of presidents of this chapter since its founding in 1926."
The collection holds: Articles of Incorporation with amendments June 1933, September 1947; By-laws 1943, September 4, 1947, December 31, 1957; purchase agreement by General Waterworks Corporation of Delaware, 1962; Financial records 1932-1958; Reincorporation under Minnesota Laws; Stockholders 1933, 1956, 1962; Reports to city of Duluth 1942-1979; Minutes volume 1929-1933 and 1942-1957
Black and white snapshots of Duluth street scenes, traffic, city buses, trucks, first street, downtown Duluth in winter, pedestrians, cars, buildings, children, Superior street, Woolworths, banks, store window displays, Railroad street, steam plant, etc. Some of these unidentified images have times of day noted: they may be court records.
The collection contains handwritten notes on logging and the lumber business, a small amount of correspondence, manuscripts and biographical materials.
The collection consists of identified and unidentified photographs of the Duluth area, with and without corresponding negatives, negatives without corresponding prints and post cards.
The collection contains family and business papers, photographs, slides, one film, scrapbooks and photograph albums. The collection includes correspondence, legal documents, publications, minutes, photographs, financial reports, and news clippings for Goldfine's, Miller Furniture Company, Spirit Mountain Authority, Temple Israel, and the Goldfine family.
The collection consists of approximately 1,240 black and white and color slides of Duluth sites, views, events, and activities from 1955-1973.
The collection consists of three 8x10 (broken at the folds), black and white photographs of Duluth men who served in the Great Lakes Naval Training program in WWI.
Consists of two audio recordings of an interview with H. Watson Wilson. The interview, conducted by Barbara Sommer on behalf of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Center, took place on March 23, 1977.
The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth area businesses and labor unions. Narrators comment, where appropriate, on the founding and growth of carious businesses or labor organizations, the formation of corporate policies, labor – management relations, urban renewal, union philosophy and strategy, government regulation, binding arbitrations, and the relationship of business and labor political and civic affairs.
The scrapbooks are comprised of newspaper clippings.
The collections contains research materials compiled to write Dr. Hudelson's book published by the University of Minnesota Press in 2006 titled By the Ore Docks: A Working People’s History of Duluth.
The collection contains 10 photographs of Jay D. Siegel, his father Julius Siegal, and their pawn shop, Keystone Loan.
The collection contains correspondence,1906–1923; legal materials; news clippings, 1918–1924; and pamphlets. Legal materials include petitions and complaints to the Federal Trade Commission and miscellaneous resolutions.
The collection consists of interviews by Professor Richard Hudelson, Ph. D. of Donald Klaber on July 22, 1999 and March 2000.