Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection contains the records of the Burroughs Corporation, and its predecessors the American Arithmometer Company and Burroughs Adding Machine Company. Materials include corporate records, photographs, films and video tapes, scrapbooks, papers of employees and records of companies acquired by Burroughs.
Collection contains manuals and brochures and technical publications for Burroughs' early office machines, including the adding machine, bookkeeping machine, various calculators, etc.
Collection contains information on patents obtained by William S. Burroughs and many his early competitors, including Dorr E. Felt; Burroughs typewriters; and the Gidion Sewing Machine Company which Burroughs was interested in purchasing. It also has information on various Burroughs logos and trademarks used throughout the years.
Collection contains style and price lists describing the basic features of each machine.
Collection contains manuals for a number of different Burroughs computer systems, including the B6700, the B7000/B6000/B5000 families, and large systems in general. They concentrate on the programming languages (ALGOL and COBOL), but also contain primers on CANDE, WFL, and the DMSII system.
Collection contains manuals produced by Burroughs to educate and encourage salesmen that cover a variety of topics from salesmanship to product information.
- Computer industry 4
- Accounting machines. 3
- Bookkeeping machines. 3
- Office equipment and supplies industry 3
- Selling -- Accounting machines. 3
- Selling -- Bookkeeping machines. 3
- Computers 2
- Selling -- Computers. 2
- Accounting machines -- Patents. 1
- Banks and banking -- Automation. 1
- Bookkeeping machines -- Patents. 1
- Business records. 1
- Calculators 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer input-output equipment 1
- Computers -- History. 1
- Computers -- Research. 1
- Industries -- Michigan -- Detroit. 1
- Logos (Symbols) 1
- Logotypes (Printing) 1 ∧ less
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company 5
- American Arithmometer Company 3
- Acme Carbon and Ribbon Company. 1
- Balbik Systems, Ltd. 1
- Burroughs, William Seward, 1858?-1898 1
- Charles R. Hadley Company 1
- Control Instrument Company. 1
- ElectroData (Firm) 1
- Haydu Brothers. 1
- Mittag & Verlag, inc. 1
- Moon-Hopkins Billing Machine Company. 1
- Pike Adding Machine Company 1
- Seytec (Firm) 1
- System Development Corporation 1
- Todd Company. 1
- Universal Adding Machine Company 1 ∧ less