Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection contains correspondence, class handouts, lecture notes and visual aids, published articles and reports, subject files, audio tapes and videotapes relating to Perlis' work in computer science education, programming languages, and compiler programs.
ALGOL: Volume 1: A Reference Source Book, is the manuscript for the first of a proposed three volume set on the ALGOL programming language which apparently remains unpublished. In this volume, which appears to have been the only completed volume, Ledin presents ALGOL reports, ALGOL variant charts, extensive literature bibliographies, and biographies of 232 prominent ALGOL scholars. Chapters are preceded by an historical overview.
Collection includes an incomplete run of the ALGOL Bulletin, numbers 1-39 (numbers 9, 17, and 18 were not included in the collection), an ALGOL mailing list, a technical report, and a report on ALGOL 60.
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History -- Sources 2
- Programming languages (Electronic computers) -- History -- Sources 2
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Periodical 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Research. 1
- APL (Computer program language) 1
- Compilers (Computer programs) 1
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer programming 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- LISP (Computer program language) 1
- Programming languages (Electronic computers) -- Research. 1 ∧ less
- Association for Computing Machinery 1
- IFIP Working Group 2.1 on Algol 1
- Ledin, George 1
- Perlis, Alan J. 1
- Yale University. Dept. of Computer Science 1