Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 99
Abe Sperling papers
This collection consists of papers and documents relating to Abe Sperling and his time at North High School in Minneapolis, as well as his time as a Major with the Burma Road Engineers.
Alan Rich papers
This collection consists of correspondence with Alan Rich during World War II as well as photographs and various ephemera.
American Social Health Association Records
Amos S. Deinard papers
The Amos S. Deinard Papers reflects the life of this prominent Minneapolis lawyer, from family papers and newsclippings, to records from organizations he was deeply involved in such as the Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Services and the Minnesota Fair Employment Practices Commission, to a collection of pamphlets and publications documenting his interests in topics such as antisemitism and Zionism.
Antonio Consiglio papers
August Charles Krey Papers
Benjamin E. Youngdahl Papers
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of noted public welfare administrator and social work educator, Benjamin E. Youngdahl. Personal correspondents include Harry Truman, Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Humphrey, and John F. Kennedy. Materials documenting Youngdahl's career in the academic and public sectors form the bulk of the collection.
Bureau of Veterans' Affairs papers
Collection contains the papers of the Bureau of Veterans' Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Burroughs Corporation records. Burroughs Adding Machine Company World War II era records
Series contains information on exporting, quotas, price controls, labor and the office machine industry throughout World War II. There is also information on the Norden bombsight, which Burroughs produced beginning in 1942.
Carol Ryrie Brink Papers
Carol Ryrie Brink's papers focus on her work as an author of children's and adult books. The collection contains production material for books, one play, short stories, and other related material.
Carolyn Reeder Papers
This collection contains production material for a dozen books by Carolyn Reeder.
Channing Tobias papers
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons records
Records (1946-1953) of the Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons consist of internal records. Included are correspondence, financial records, and minutes. The majority of correspondence is of Nathan W. Levin, who was involved in financial supervision of the Committee.
Dale Fife Papers
The collection contains production material for books written by Dale Fife, primarily in the 1970s.
Darius A. Davis papers
Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
David Adler Papers
The David Adler Collection contains illustration photocopies and a corrected page proof for one children's book.
David and Genia Levi papers
This collection consists of the papers of David and Genia Levi, Holocaust survivors who immigrated to the United States in 1950, eventually settling in St. Paul, Minnesota. These papers mostly deal with the Levi's efforts for reparations from the German government.
Department of Surgery records
Displaced persons from Estonia records
Edward Bloor papers
The collection consists of corrected typescripts, correspondence, and research materials for children's books by Edward Bloor.
Engineering Bookstore papers
Collection contains the papers of the Engineering Bookstore at the University of Minnesota.
Eric A. Weiss papers
The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Erik A. Dundurs papers
Papers (1949-1982) of Erik A. Dundurs (1922-1984) include correspondence; memorabilia; newspaper clippings; speeches; scrapbooks; and files on various organizations to which Dundurs belonged. Also included are files regarding a variety of subjects, most dealing with Latvian Americans and United States foreign policy.
Erik Christian Haugaard Papers
This collection consists of manuscript mtaerials for nine children's and young adult books published by Erik Christian Haugaard between 1963 and 1995.
Finnish American Trade Unionists records
The Finnish American trade unionists collection (1943) consists of conference proceedings; a pamphlet; memoranda; and correspondence relating to Finnish American activities denouncing Finland's participation as an Axis ally in World War II.
Flori Loew papers
This collection consists of Flori Loew's personal papers during her flight from Germany under Nazi persecution, traveling to Italy and England before settling in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Frank and Arthur Eisenberg papers
This collection consists of correspondence and ephemera from father and son Frank and Arthur Eisenberg, members of a Jewish family living in Minneapolis who both served in the military during World War I and World War II respectively.
Frank Bonham Papers
The Frank Bonham Papers focus on his work as author of young adult fiction. The collection primarily contains production materials for his works, correspondence, as well as some other related items.
Frank M. Rarig papers
Collection contains the papers of Frank Rarig, professor and chairman of the Department of Speech at the University of Minnesota.
Frederick Klaeber papers
This collection contains the papers of Frederick Klaeber, professor emeritus of English and comparative philology at the University of Minnesota.
- Collecting Area
- Children's Literature Research Collections 31
- University Archives 16
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 16
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 16
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 10
- Social Welfare History Archives 5
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 3
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 2 + ∧ less
- World War, 1939-1945. 26
- Children's literature, American 24
- Manuscripts for publication 24
- Authors, American -- 20th century 23
- Children's stories, American 19
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 14
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 12
- Young adult fiction, American 10
- Young adult literature, American 10
- Picture books 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 9
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 8
- Detective and mystery stories 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Juvenile fiction 6
- Death -- Juvenile fiction 5
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction 5
- Families -- Juvenile fiction 5
- Ghost stories 5
- Jews -- Minnesota 5 + ∧ less
- French 4
- German 4
- Estonian 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 11
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 8
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 6
- Ford, Guy Stanton, 1873-1962 6
- Coffey, Walter Castella, 1876-1956 5
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 5
- YMCA of the USA 5
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 4
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 4
- Anderson, William, 1888-1975 3
- Blegen, Theodore Christian, 1891-1969 3
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 3
- Middlebrook, William T. 3
- Morrill, J.L. (James Lewis), 1891-1979 3
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 3
- University of Minnesota. General College 3
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 3
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee. Army and Navy Dept. 3
- American Historical Association. 2
- American Historical Association. Commission on the Social Studies 2 + ∧ less