Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Carlton Avenue YMCA records
Collected brochures, clippings, branch publications and reports from the Carlton YMCA branch in Brooklyn..
Channing Tobias papers
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Colored Work Department records
Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Harlem YMCA (135th Street) records
Collected materials from the African American Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. This collection covers governance and public programming with special attention to the Black Achievers program, which honors African Americans who distinguish themselves from their peers in a positive way.
Harlem YMCA photographs
Collected photographic images from the Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located on West 135th Street in Manhattan.
Interracial programs records
Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Leo Marsh papers
Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
YMCA urban work and Urban Group records
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 5
- African Americans -- Segregation. 3
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) 3
- Social work with African Americans. 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 2
- Brochures 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African American soldiers -- France. 1
- African Americans -- Employment 1
- African Americans -- Organizations -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- African Americans -- Sports 1
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Church work with students. 1
- Civil rights workers. 1 + ∧ less
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 3
- Harlem Branch YMCA 2
- Marsh, Leo B. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 2
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 2
- Tobias, Channing Heggie, 1882-1961 2
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990 1
- Alexander, Jesse N. 1
- Baker, Walter (Photographer) 1
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 1
- Brooklyn and Queens YMCA. Carlton Avenue Branch 1
- Bullock, Charles H., 1875-1950 1
- Campanella, Roy, 1921- 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005 1
- Commission on Interracial Cooperation. 1
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America 1
- General Education Board (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Hansen, Austin, 1910-1996 1
- Hunton, William Alphaeus, 1863-1916 1 + ∧ less