Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 249
Content Description The Adam Shilling files document the YMCA of the USA's work on impact measurement, training, and leadership development as well as its Activate America and Healthy Living programs. Materials include reports, surveys, frameworks and research, and meeting information.
Dates: 1977-2016; Majority of material found within 2009-2016
Abstract Papers of Adrian Lyon documenting his work at many levels within the YMCA, primarily as chairman of the General Board of the National Council of the YMCA.
Abstract Records documenting the Metropolitan Minneapolis YMCA interactions with various related organizations, including the Ladies Auxiliary, Minneapolis Y Wives, Minneapolis Church Athletic Association (MCAA), and the Y Men's International clubs.
Dates: 1895-2004; Majority of material found within ( 1960-1979)
Abstract Collected reports, primarily quarterly and annual, of North American YMCA foreign secretaries working in various cities in China.
Dates: 1896-1949; Majority of material found within ( 1896-1925)
Abstract The collection includes invoices, pamphlets, program information, leases and other materials involving the two Army YMCA branches at Fort Hamilton and Fort Totten in the 1950s though 1980s.
Abstract Collected materials from the Bedford Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located in Brooklyn. Covers early history and founding, focuses on the 1960s and 1970s with special attention to the Board of Managers and vocational training.
Dates: 1891-2016; Majority of material found within ( 1960-1977).
Abstract Collected records of the Bowery Branch of the New York YMCA, from its early history to its merger with the YMCA Vocational Service Center in 1945.
Dates: 1876-1946; Majority of material found within ( 1930-1946).
Abstract Collected photographs from the Bronx branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, primarily exterior and interior building shots and athletic activities, as well as group photos.
Dates: 1910-1995; Majority of material found within ( 1930-1960).
Abstract Collected minutes, program brochures, event memorabilia, fundraising and financial records, operations and policy materials, and annual reports, yearbooks, and other publications, from the Bronx branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Abstract Collected minutes, reports, correspondence, pamphlets, flyers, governing documents, fund raising material, program information and publications primarily from the Brooklyn Central branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Dates: 1854-1999; Majority of material found within ( 1880s-1970s).
Abstract Files documenting Bruce Maguire's work with the Student Christian Movement and with students in the YMCA, as well as management training materials.
Abstract Records of the Butler Street YMCA, which served primarily the African American community of Atlanta from 1894 to 2012.
Dates: 1975-2012; Majority of material found within ( 1982-1999)
Abstract Collected brochures, clippings, branch publications and reports from the Carlton YMCA branch in Brooklyn..
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, writings and biographies of Cephas Brainerd, secretary general of the YMCA International Committee from 1867-1892.
Dates: 1865-1947; Majority of material found within ( 1880-1890).
Abstract Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Abstract Papers of Charles Kellogg Ober, documenting his work in the student movement of the YMCA.
Dates: 1882-1948; Majority of material found within ( 1882-1890).
Abstract Includes Board of Managers minutes and brochures from the Chinatown branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Abstract The collection contains the personal papers and office files of Clement A. Duran, known as Pete Duran, founder of the YMCA's Youth in Government program.
Dates: 1928-1983; Majority of material found within ( 1960s)
Identifier: Y. USA. 33
Abstract Collection contains primarily correspondence of Clifford Petitt with other YMCA leaders and an extensive manuscript autobiography of Clifford Petitt.
Dates: 1922-1983; Majority of material found within ( 1931-1968).
Abstract Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Abstract Collection includes Board of Managers minutes.
Abstract Collected minutes, planning documents, newspaper clippings, brochures, flyers and program announcements from the Cross Island (formerly Eastern Queens) branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Dates: 1961-2014; Majority of material found within ( 1961-1989)
Abstract Reports, letters, and related papers of YMCA foreign secretary D. Willard Lyon, concerning his work in China from the late 1890s to the early 1930s.
Abstract Papers of Dalton McClelland, documenting his work as general secretary in India, special secretary of the YMCA International Committee for North Africa, the Middle East and Asia, as well as representative of the YMCA World Alliance to the United Nations.
Dates: 1915-1976; Majority of material found within ( 1950-1967).
Abstract Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
Dates: 1917-1975; Majority of material found within ( 1930s - 1940s)
Abstract Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Dates: 1957-2003.; Majority of material found in ( 1968-1980)
Abstract The collection contains the Dodge branch Board of Managers meeting notebooks.
Abstract Collected materials from the Eastern District Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. The collection covers governance, administration, facilities, and the history of this branch.
Dates: 1903-1991; Majority of material found within ( 1914-1949)
Abstract The collection consists of materials related to the work of Edward Arnoldi, long time staff member of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Abstract Correspondence, diaries and other papers of Emma Young Dickson, documenting her service with the YMCA in France during World War I.
Dates: 1917-1955; 1998; Majority of material found within ( 1918-1919).
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 143
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 82
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 80
- New York (N.Y.) 49
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 32
- Photographs 29
- Young Men's Christian associations 23
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 22
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 17
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 14
- Young Men's Christian associations -- China 12
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 10
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 10
- African Americans -- Social conditions 9
- Brochures 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- Brooklyn 9
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 8
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Finance 8
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 8
- Prisoners of war. 7 ∧ less
- Russian 2
- Chinese 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 69
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 42
- YMCA of the USA 41
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 37
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 35
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 25
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 13
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 13
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of New York 12
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 11
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 11
- United States. Agency for International Development. 9
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 7
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of Metropolitan Minneapolis 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of Minneapolis. 7
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 6
- Ober, Charles K. (Charles Kellogg), 1856- 6
- Weidensall, Robert, 1836-1922. 6 ∧ less