Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Papers (1950-1983) of Ernest Theodore Koski (1908-1990) consist of a scrapbook containing newspaper clippings; sheet music; song books; phonograph records; typescripts of speeches, eulogies, travelogues, plays and Koski's autobiography; declassified FBI reports; correspondence; photographs; and memorabilia. Included is a series of articles entitled "Juuret Suomessa-Elama Amerikassa" (Roots in Finland -- Life in America) which Koski wrote for Tyomies-Eteenpain (1982-1983) and material on the...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Minutes (1912-1915), in Finnish, of the Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.), Board of Directors. Although the minutes deal mainly with business affairs, they indirectly reflect much of the cultural and political activity in the Astoria Finnish socialist community during this time. For example, the minutes for 1913 include records of donations to the striking copper miners in Michigan. Except for Board minutes published in the newspaper Toveri, these are the only known extant minutes of the...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Minutes of the Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.) (1913-1920) and the National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.) (1915-1925) of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Abstract Records (1896-1899) of the Idan Uutiset (Eastern News) Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) consist of proceedings of the board of directors and monthly meetings of the newspaper staff. Minutes also document the formation of Finska Amerikanaren (now the Norden).
Abstract Records (1896-1966) of the Raivaaja Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) include proceedings of the board of directors.
Abstract Records (1903-1970) of the Tyomies Society Kustannus Yhtio (Superior, Wisconsin) include on microfilm minutes of the Board of Directors (1904-1928); and minutes of the Executive Committee (1920-1930). Also included are unpublished proletarian plays and sheet music from the Tyomies lending library and personal papers of Andrew Roine of Angora, Minnesota. Additionally, the collection contains a large set of photographs. The Tyomies Society was a radical Finnish-American publishing company which...
- Finnish American newspapers. 5
- Finnish American communists 2
- Finnish American publishers and publishing. 2
- Finnish American socialists 2
- Copper Miners' Strike, Mich., 1913-1914. 1
- Finnish American Socialists -- Oregon -- Astoria. 1
- Finnish American theater 1
- Finnish Americans -- Music. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Political activity. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Publishers and publishing -- Ethnic. 1
- Publishers and publishing -- Massachusetts -- Fitchburg. 1
- Socialist parties -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Federation. National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.). Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Idan Uutiset (Eastern News) Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Koski, Ernest Theodore, 1908-1990. 1
- Raivaaja Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) 1
- Tyomies Society (U.S.) 1 ∧ less