Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 94
Records (1887-1901) of the Aamunkoitto Temperance Society (Brooklyn, New York) include membership lists and minutes.
Papers (1930-1935) of Adam Kattainen, a Finnish American temperance advocate, consist of poems and speeches. Also included are minutes (1942-1943) of the Alango-Field (Minn.) Red Cross.
The papers contain a large amount of material relating to Finnish American music. Included are Pakkala's notes, articles, sheet music, correspondence, lists of bibliographic entries, and dissertations regarding the Finnish American community. The collection also contains a significant number of photographs, slides, and video and audio tapes.
Manuscript (n.d.) of Alex Jackson's novel Viuluni itkee.
Materials documenting the activities of the Finnish American band, based in Northfield, Minnesota, and directed by Paul Niemisto, Professor of Music at St. Olaf College, during the first ten years of its existence. Included are research notes, correspondence, newspaper clippings and other publicity materials.
Cassette tapes containing recordings of Finnish and Finnish American folk music, included are also several Finnish and Finnish American publications from the late 19th and early 20th century.
The Papers of Armas Backman consist of published vocal, choral and piano music as well as a few music manuscripts. Also included are the text and lyrics for a Finnish musical called Kenraalin Morsian (The General's Bride).
Records (1897-1970) of the Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.) include baptism, confirmation, communion, and funeral registers. On microfilm.
Collection consists of the handwriten text of one part (character of Serafiina) from the theatre play "Entista ja nykyista" (Bygone and Current). A fragment of the play "Entista ja nykyista" ("Bygone and current") where three characters, Serafiina, Mataleena and Impi discuss a wedding. The play is situated in Finland. The fragment is Serafiina's part of the play (35 p.)
Church history (church formerly named Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church), organizational records, photographs, golden jubilee album (1944), song books, and other printed matter. Included are piano music paper rolls.
Records (1918-1931) of the Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association, Kettle River, Minn., consist of minutes of the Board of Directors for 1918-1924 and 1927-1931; and financial records from 1923-1931.
Records of FinnFest USA consist of minutes and correspondence of the executive board, newspaper articles, tape recordings of annual executive board meetings, organizational newsletters, publicity materials, videotapes, photographs and other items pertaining to the annual FinnFest USA celebrations.
Records (1944-1962) of the Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.) include treasurer's minute books and other minutes books.
Records (1874-1977) of the Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minn., comprise birth; baptism; confirmation; marriage; burial; and financial records of the congregation.
Collection of dramatic scripts includes the following titles: Kosinta; Ajan Laulu; Ananiaksen Ehtoollinen; and Kaksi Varasta.
Records (1916) of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation (Republic, Mich.) comprise baptism, confirmation, communion, marriage, and funeral registers.
Records (1905-1966) of the Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.) consist of chapter minutes.
Records (1905-1966) of the Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter Archive consist of chapter minutes and minutes of the chapter's suborganization.
Minutes (1911-1931) of the Markham, Minn. chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Minutes of the Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.) (1913-1920) and the National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.) (1915-1925) of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Records (1911-1939) of the Finnish Workers' Society "Kehitys" (Cloquet, Minn.) Archive consist of financial records; minutes; membership lists; and play scripts.
Finnish American sheet music.
Papers consist of correspondence, scrapbooks, organizational notes and reports, personal writings, handwritten / transcribed play books, school notebooks and composition books, and other documentation of Latvala's involvement in Finnish and Finnish American affairs.
Papers (1896-1963) of Hazel Barberg consist of minutes and financial records of the Cokato, Minnesota, Onnen Toivo temperance society,1896-1958; a handbook of the Finnish National Temperance Brotherhood, 1906; Finnish postcards, 1903-1907; the Nels Peter Nelson family history; a family Bible; correspondence; newspaper clippings; and issues of Finnish and Finnish American periodicals.
Three photographs depicting life in Winton and Lakewood in Minnesota, featuring a group around a saw mill; three women with children in sleigh-carriages on snow; and a potato harvest scene.
- Language: Finnish X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 93
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1
- Finnish 12
- Finnish American socialists 12
- Finnish American theater 7
- Finnish American press. 6
- Finnish Americans 6
- Finnish Americans -- Societies, etc. 6
- Finnish American authors. 5
- Finnish American communists 5
- Finnish American newspapers. 5
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota 5
- Lutherans, Finnish. 5
- Ethnic theater. 4
- Music 3
- Religious life 3
- Socialists 3
- Church records and registers -- Minnesota -- Mountain Iron. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Nashwauk. 2
- Finnish American Historical Society 2
- Finnish American poets. 2
- Finnish American publishers and publishing. 2 + ∧ less
- English 25
- English 1
- FinnFest USA 2
- Aamunkoitto Temperance Society, Brooklyn, NY 1
- Barberg, Hazel E. 1
- Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.). 1
- Doby, Velma M. 1
- Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association (Kettle River, Minn.). 1
- Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church (New York Mills, Minn.) 1
- Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation (Republic, Mich.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Markham, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Federation. National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.). Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Organizations. West Coast Chapters. 1
- Finnish Worker's Society "Kehitys" Archive (Cloquet, Minn.). 1
- Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter. Archive. 1
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (Hibbing, Minnesota) 1
- Idan Uutiset (Eastern News) Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Jackson, Alex. 1
- Jarven Kukka Temperance Society (Sparta and Gilbert, Minn.). 1 + ∧ less