Showing Collections: 121 - 133 of 133
Papers (1926-1938) of Roy Crescenzo consist of an affadavit and a copy of protest against Italy's treatment of the Jews. Crescenzo lived in Duluth, Minnesota, where he was a member of Duluth Local Lodge Principe Ereditario Umberto II No. 992, Order Sons of Italy in America.
Personal and professional papers of Rudolph J. Vecoli pertain significantly to the American Italian Historical Association. Also included are filed on ethnic organization, institutions and conference. Mainly in English. Also contains files pertaining to Vecoli's involvement in the American Italian Historical Association (AIHA) and the AIHA Stella Del Nord Chapter. Also includes material related to preparation of the Harvard Encyclopaedia of American Ethnic Groups.
Papers (1956) of Teresa Esposito include clippings and brochures pertaining to the Cassino Orphanage (Italy) and to a cruise to Italy; photographs of the Cassino Orphanage dedication, and OSIA members on the cruise; a button and ribbon, and stamps.
Papers (1927-1960) of Umberto Lucarini (1892-1965), an Italian American who organized the Madera (California) Consumers Cooperative, comprise records of the Cooperative; pamphlets and bulletins written by Lucarini; personal correspondence; travel diaries; miscellany; and clippings about Albert Einstein. The records of the Cooperative reflect internal dissension within the organization.
Records (1912-1935) of the Unity, Nobility and Ambition Society (Brooklyn, New York), a cultural organization founded in 1929, consist of a scrapbook of clippings, contracts, tickets, programs, essays, and issues of its publication, "Nik Naks."
La Capria's papers (1952-1971) contain correspondence; newspaper clippings; photographs; and speeches.
Papers (1927-1964) of Vincenzo de Lalla (b.1883) consist of correspondence with the Italian American poets and authors Arturo Giovannitti; Nino Caradonna; Cesare Crespi; Onorio Ruotola; and others. Many of the letters contain comments on literary works and discussions of political events. In the Ruotolo and Crespi folders, requests for financial support from de Lalla and expressions of gratitude for his support are important themes. Also included are six poems by de Lalla.
Wayne Harkness has served the Order Sons of Italy Northwest Grand Lodge as Grand Recording Secretary (1983-1987). The Lodge includes Idaho, Washington, and portions of Oregon. It was founded in 1929. Collection includes Northwest Grand Convention minutes (1930-1987) and scattered Grand Council minutes (1932-1954).
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. 30
- Italian American newspapers. 10
- Italian Americans. 10
- Anti-fascist movements -- United States. 7
- Columbus Day. 7
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. 7
- Italian American authors. 6
- Italian American poets. 6
- Italian Americans -- Massachusetts -- Societies, etc. 6
- Italian Americans -- West Virginia -- Societies, etc. 6
- Lawyers. 6
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc. 5
- Italian Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. 5
- Labor leaders. 5
- Clothing workers -- Labor unions. 4
- Ethnic press 4
- Italian Americans -- Charities. 4
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Societies, etc. 4
- Disaster relief -- Italy. 3
- Earthquakes -- Italy 3 ∧ less
- America-Italy Society. 1
- American Committee for Italian War Relief (Saint Paul, Minn.). 1
- American Committee on Italian Migration. Chicago Chapter (Ill.). 1
- Antonini, Luigi, 1883-1968. 1
- Anzalone, Charles, 1888-1959. 1
- Arba Sicula, Inc. 1
- Artoni, Gioacchino, 1866-1937. 1
- Ascoli, Max, 1898-1978. 1
- Augusto, Emilio. 1
- Bambace, Angela, 1898-1975. 1
- Broccolino, Arnold. 1
- Cacchiola, Carmine. 1
- Caira, Aldo A. 1
- Caradonna, Nino, 1898- 1
- Celli, Fred. 1
- Cernuto, Joseph, 1898-1973. 1
- Christopher Columbus Society (Calumet, Mich.) 1
- Ciccotelli, Mario. 1
- Circolo Culturale Italiano di Baltimora (Baltimore, Md.). 1
- Columbus Memorial Association of St. Paul. 1 ∧ less