Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Papers (ca. 1930-1976) of Angela Bambace (1898-1975) include correspondence; speeches; newspaper clippings; photographs; and publications. Bambace was a labor organizer and vice-president of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union.
Papers (1915-1937) of Gioacchino Artoni (1866-1937), an Italian American labor organizer, consist primarily of newspaper clippings about him.
Papers (ca. 1933-1961) of Italian American labor leader Giuseppe D. Procopio comprise articles and clippings about his union activities. Procopio was from Calabria, Italy, born ca. 1890. He was active in the Confederazione Italo-Americano del Lavoro, the United Shoe Workers of America, Local 563 Shoe Service Union, President of International Wholesale and Department Store Union, and chairman of America Aid to Calabria after World War II.
- Italian Americans. 3
- Garment Workers' Strike, Chicago, Ill., 1910. 1
- Italian American newspapers. 1
- Italian American press 1
- Italian American socialists 1
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Shoemakers -- Labor unions. 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Clothing workers. 1
- Women labor leaders 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief -- Italy -- Calabria. 1 ∧ less
- Artoni, , Gioacchino, 1866-1937 1
- Bambace, Angela , 1898-1975 1
- Grandinetti, Emilio, 1882-1964 1
- La Capria, Vincent, 1899-[ca. 1965] 1
- Procopio, Giuseppe D. 1