Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: CBI 180
Abstract The collection consists of published articles on the CURTA, as well as its inventor, Curt Herzstark. Other materials include advertisements, brochures and manuals for the CURTA, and copied photographs of the “Lilliput,” the precursor to the CURTA.
Dates: 1928, 1944-1954, 1986-1989.
Identifier: CBI 33
Abstract Collection contains photocopies of correspondence, publications, Hoelzer's Ph.D. dissertation (in German), and drawings, all which were given to James Tomayko in preparation for an oral history and a publication. The material details Hoelzer's conception of a fully electronic analog computer which was developed in Peenemunde, Germany, during World War II. Portions of the published articles have been translated from German to English by Hoelzer.
Identifier: CBI 153
Abstract Collection contains the materials of the International Y2K Cooperation Center (IY2KCC), assembled during the year leading up to the year 2000 date conversion (a.k.a. Y2K). Includes country reports, newsclippings, country questionnaires, country telephone directories, background materials on Y2K and IY2KCC, audio visual materials and papers of Bruce W. McConnell, director of IY2KCC.
Identifier: CBI 219
Abstract Collection contains published reports, articles, product literature, and other materials relating to Konrad Zuse.
Identifier: CBI 148
Abstract The Russian, Soviet and Eastern Bloc Collection consist of materials that provide a picture of the development of Soviet computing and record Soviet impressions of computer development within the United States. While the bulk of the materials are from the former Soviet Union and Russia, other countries are represented, including China, Korea, Poland and Czechoslovakia.
- CURTA calculator. 1
- Calculators 1
- Computer security 1
- Computers 1
- Computers - Russia (Federation) 1
- Computers - Russian - Dictionaries 1
- Electronic analog computers. 1
- Electronic digital computers 1
- Flight control. 1
- Guided missiles -- Control systems. 1
- Information technology - Management 1
- International business enterprises -- Data processing. 1
- Management information systems 1
- Office equipment and supplies industry 1
- Robotron (Computer) 1
- Year 2000 date conversion (Computer systems) 1 ∧ less
- American Institute of Physics 1
- Ceruzzi, Paul E. 1
- Contina. CURTA Division. 1
- Goodman, Seymour E. 1
- Herzstark, Curt, 1902-1988 1