Showing Collections: 871 - 900 of 935
Collections consists of the organization's meeting minutes, correspondence, anniversary event programmes and photographic documentation, copies of branch and member award certificates. Included are also financial records (accounting, reports, fundraising activities) and annual reports.
Vaba Eesti Sõna (Free Estonian Word) is a prominent Estonian expatriate weekly newspaper published in New York. Established in 1949.
Collection consists of correspondence, Displaced Persons documentation, notebooks, newsletters, newspaper clippings and event memorabilia.
Selected items from the collection have been digitized and are available in the University of Minnesota's U Media Archive and on the Digitizing Immigrant Letters project website (see "Digital material" below).
Correspondence, periodicals, song books, programs, list of Lakewood Estonian Association presidents 1953-1980, list of participants at Amberg DP camp (Germany) reunion in Toronto, Canada in 1984, certificate as a receipt for donated money for Estonian cultural activities.
Personal papers of the composer and actor Valdeko Loigu who studied at the Tartu Conservatory in Estonia before World War II. Later, as a displaced person in Germany, he conducted a male chorus in Stuttgart. After arrival in the USA, he conducted various choral groups and composed numerous songs.
Collection consists of records pertaining to Ciullo's involvement in the Michigan state and local lodges of the Order Sons of Italy in America. Included are newspaper clippings, officer lists, correspondence, photographs and audio/visual materials.
Materials pertaining to Estonian lutherans abroad.
Church and society bulletins.
Papers (1939-1972) of Ukrainian American ballet master and film producer Vasyl (or Wasyl) Avramenko (1895- ) comprise programs, flyers, and pictures of his activities in the United States and Canada.
Personal documents, newspaper clippings, materials pertaining to Boy Scout, architecture, postal stamps collecting, scholbooks, exercise books, schoolwork, correspondence about ESTO, accounting papers.
Correspondence between Vello Karuks and legislators in the US Congress about Estonian political prisoners in USSR. Newspaper clippings pertaining to Estonian American issues from the Seattle, WA, area.
Papers consist of correspondence, literary manuscripts, typescripts of memoirs, speeches, stories, poems, and Polish legends for young people, pencil drawings, collected articles about Poland, and photographs.
Manuscripts and typescripts of works by Vikentii Shandor, a Ukrainian American scholar, mainly on the history of the Carpatho-Rusyn region in Ukraine and emigration from Ukraine between World War I and II, and also on Ukrainian exiles in Canada and the United States following World War II. Included are diaries and personal correspondence.
Estonian sailor who escaped N. Khrushchev's ship "Baltika" for freedom in 1960. Personal data, bulletins, correspondence (political, personal , postcards), periodicals, clippings, newspapers, phonograph (45 RPM)
Scholarly work in German, article "Industry Applications" by Toom, work certificate.
Personal correspondence, invites and programs, documents about Foundation for Estonian Arts and Letters.
La Capria's papers (1952-1971) contain correspondence; newspaper clippings; photographs; and speeches.
Papers (1927-1964) of Vincenzo de Lalla (b.1883) consist of correspondence with the Italian American poets and authors Arturo Giovannitti; Nino Caradonna; Cesare Crespi; Onorio Ruotola; and others. Many of the letters contain comments on literary works and discussions of political events. In the Ruotolo and Crespi folders, requests for financial support from de Lalla and expressions of gratitude for his support are important themes. Also included are six poems by de Lalla.
Photocopies of biographical information, newspaper clippings, correspondence, legal documents and excerpts of Sica;s writings; also some posthumous obituraries and retrospectives.
Virginia Allen Jensen's papers focus on her work both as author and translator of children's books.
Papers (1960-1968) of Vojtech E. Andic consist of articles, speeches, and souvenir programs.
Collection consists of biographical materials, personal correspondence, curriculum vitae, certificates, passports.
Diplomas, certificates, obituary, honorary addresses, Dallas Texas Estonian Society bulletins, event programs, articles, biographical data, congratulatory citations.
Personal papers; manuscripts of memoiristic books an plays; notes about Estonian refugee ships in 1940´s; notebooks; correspondence; newspaper clippings and photocopies of articles; 9 audio tapes of interviews with Estonians who sailed to USA on refugee ships in 1940´s [?]; prinet matter, incl. "Erma mersõit"="The Cuise of the Erma" by V. Veedam (Augsburg-Haochfeld 1947) The collection was arranged in 1997 by Mercia Braun-David
- Language: Multiple languages X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 834
- University Archives 39
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 22
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 12
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 11
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 5
- Children's Literature Research Collections 5
- James Ford Bell Library 4
- Social Welfare History Archives 1
- Northwest Architectural Archives 1
- Performing Arts Archives 1 ∧ less
- Estonian 131
- Displaced persons 86
- Community life 35
- Religious life 35
- Political activity 31
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. 29
- Latvian 21
- Finnish 19
- College teachers 18
- Fraternal organizations 16
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 16
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 16
- Education 15
- Exile 15
- Italian 14
- Women 14
- Ethnic press 13
- Italian American newspapers. 12
- Arts 11
- Cultural heritage 11 ∧ less
- Russian 22
- Ukrainian 6
- Arabic 1
- English 1
- Hebrew 1
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 14
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 14
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 12
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 10
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 4
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- YMCA of the USA 3
- Aggregate 2
- American Latvian Association in the United States 2
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 2
- Beach, Joseph W., 1880-1957 2
- Bly, Robert 2
- Borlaug, Norman E. (Norman Ernest), 1914-2009 2
- Christlicher Verein Junger Männer (Germany) 2
- Granovsky, Alexander A. 2
- Haydak, Mykola H., 1898-1971 2
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 2
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 2
- Rockefeller Foundation 2 ∧ less