Showing Collections: 901 - 914 of 914
Records (1915-1975) of the Worker's Publishing Company (Duluth, Minnesota), publisher of the Finnish language newspaper "Industrialisti," contain correspondence, financial records, and office files. Also included are items relating to the Work People's College (Duluth, Minnesota) and the Finnish American Athletic Club.
World-wide Estonian central council. Collection consists of ledgers, minutes, correspondence, various documentation about Estonians in the United States, membership records.
Collection contains recruiting and promotional materials, cartoons, pamphlets, and posters from the United States, France, England, and other countries from the two World Wars plus some German identity papers and other miscellaneous items from that time period.
Posters are from World Wars I and II and the German election of 1932. War posters are from U.S., Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Latin America, and Scandinavia. Subjects include recruiting, war bond sales, food conservation, civil defense and many other topics.
Papers (1929-1958) of Yaroslav Chyz (1894-1958), an authority on American nationality groups and the history of immigration, particularly of Ukrainians, consist of correspondence; newspaper clippings; reports; photographs; and writings. Included is a taped interview with Edward R. Murrow.
Collection consists of research notes on Eastern European immigrants, lecture and course notes, and documents concerning Hungarian, Slovak, and Greek Catholic immigrants.
Scrapbooks and photo albums created by YMCA staff, volunteers, members, and others documenting various aspects of the YMCA.
Lantern slides and lantern slide shows or lectures compiled by the YMCA, for educational or entertainment use, depicting YMCA activities, mainly in the areas of international (foreign) work and armed services work during World War I.
Italian American publications, including directories of Italian health care providers, and a catalague of an Italian bookstore in New York City.
Papers contain correspondence, reports, news clippings, and press releases relating to his consular activities; also minutes, annual reports, news releases, and newsletter drafts relating to the founding and early years of the Finlandia Foundation. Papers also reflect philanthropic projects of the Paloheimos, their participation in social and organizational activities in Southern California, and personal records and correspondence with family members in the United States and Finland.
The Yugoslav (Slovenian) Radio Hour (Milwaukee, Wis.) collection (ca. 1942-1953) consists of scripts used for radio programs.
Zapadni Cesko-Bratrska Jednota (ZCBJ), Lodge Boleslav Jablonsky No. 219, Poplar Grove Township, Roseau County, Minnesota records
Collection consists of a minute book of the lodge covering the period of 1914-1960. Included are also photocopies of photographs of the building, and a copy of the National Register of Historic Places nomination for which it is recently being considered.
- Language: Multiple languages X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 811
- University Archives 39
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 24
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 12
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 11
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 5
- James Ford Bell Library 4
- Children's Literature Research Collections 4
- Social Welfare History Archives 1
- University of Minnesota Morris Archives 1
- Northwest Architectural Archives 1
- Performing Arts Archives 1 + ∧ less
- Estonian 128
- Displaced persons 84
- Religious life 35
- Community life 34
- Political activity 31
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. 29
- Latvian 20
- College teachers 18
- Finnish 18
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 16
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 16
- Exile 15
- Education 14
- Fraternal organizations 14
- Italian 14
- Women 14
- Ethnic press 13
- Arts 11
- Cultural heritage 11
- Italian American newspapers. 11 + ∧ less
- Russian 22
- Ukrainian 6
- English 3
- Arabic 1
- Hebrew 1
- Turkish 1 + ∧ less
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 14
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 14
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 12
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 10
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 4
- YMCA of the USA 4
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- ACEN (Organization) 2
- Aggregate 2
- American Latvian Association in the United States 2
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 2
- Beach, Joseph W., 1880-1957 2
- Bly, Robert 2
- Borlaug, Norman E. (Norman Ernest), 1914-2009 2
- Christlicher Verein Junger Männer (Germany) 2
- Granovsky, Alexander A. 2
- Haydak, Mykola H., 1898-1971 2
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 2
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 2 + ∧ less