Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 39
The collection consist of a bound photocopy of a manuscript for one title by Albert Likhanov.
Public figure. Correspondence, official documents, clippings, memoriabilia
Personal documents, correspondence, professional documents regarding Aleks Kurgvel's work in the Intelligence Service.
Personal, documents, correspondence, newspaper clippings.
The collection contains written production material for children's books written by Ann McGovern.
Manuscripts, correspondence, personal correspondence, poetry translations, newspaper clippings.
Arno Raag (1904-1985) studied law at Tartu University in Estonia. Later worked as journalist with the "Postimees" newspaper in Estonia. After leaving Estonia at the end of World War II (1944), he was involved in publishing the "Eesti Rada" periodical in the Augsburg Displaced Persons camp in Germany. In 1949, he immigrated to the United States. Author of several books - poetry, biography, novels.
Personal papers, passports, copy art
Personal identification documents and certificates, manuscripts and articles written by A. Meikup, teaching materials, sheet music, research into Estonian geographical names, newspaper clippings of obituaries.
Personal documents, correspondence, checks/bills, 2 scripts of short plays, cemetery deed, funeral arrangements, memorial, death certificate.
Newspaper clippings, articles and other publications about Estonian communities throughout Russia and the Soviet Union.
Correspondence, writings, speeches, reports, and memoirs of Ethan T. Colton documenting his life and particularly his work in the YMCA as a Secretary in the Foreign Department from 1918-1925.
Personal information, collected materials since the DP period, registers of the Estonian Archives in the U.S., documents concerning Ferdinand Kool's monograph.
Papers of George Shenkar (1925-2006) consist of letters between family members in the Soviet Union, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Israel, and those in the United States.
Collection consists of a copy of the magazine "Ring haaling" (1944), Gertrud Äniline's thesis in the field of social work (1955), diploma - certificate, personal documents, Alfred Äniline's documents, AS Tartu Pank (shares), G. Äniline's official correspondence, personal correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and the "Short history of Tartu Women's College".
Extensive correspondence, clippings and various pamphlets, event programs. Bulletins and other memorabilia of immigration.
Documents concerning Estonian Boy Scouts and scouting associations in Estonia, Germany, US. Correspondence, publications, manuscripts of Michelson's books and articles, photographs, newspaper clippings.
The James Riordan Papers contain research material and notes related to Riordan's research on Russian folklore.
[One to two sentence description of the collection.]
An eclectic but systematic collector of clippings, postcards referring to Estonians in general and Estonian independence period from 1918 to WWII, continued to DP camps and USA. Collection includes hand-copied maps indicating routes of Estonian and Finno Ugri groups around Lake Peipsi.
This collection consists of various cassette tapes of recorded oral histories from various projects that were donated and organized by the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest.
Johannes Lapmann's biographical documents, memoirs, manuscripts, notes, clippings, note books. Drafts, multiplied copies and work sheets of Johannes Lapmann's vision on how to solve world's (mostly economic) problems. Public letters and appeals concerning publishing his works and their introduction to the general public.
Major General. Personal documents, correspondence, diplomas, certificates, newspaper clippings, articles, obituary.
Economist, auto mechanic. Studied at Tartu University 1944, wife Aliide (Vahkal) (1907), daughter Hedg-Marge (1937), mother Anna (1870). Collection consists of USNS Gen. A.W. Greely "Souvenir Edition" Bremenhaven-New York (1950 Bulletin), newspaper clippings, correspondence, list of names.
- Language: Russian X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 31
- Children's Literature Research Collections 4
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 3
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 1
- Estonian 8
- Displaced persons 5
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- Artists 2
- Arts 2
- Church records and registers -- Alaska. 2
- Folklore -- Russia 2
- Refugees 2
- Religion and culture -- Soviet Union. 2
- Russian 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Russia (Federation). 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Soviet Union. 2
- Americanization 1
- Animals -- Juvenile literature 1
- Authors -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, Russian -- 20th century 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching 1 + ∧ less
- Multiple languages 22
- English 12
- German 4
- Estonian 3
- French 2
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 2
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 2
- Stokes, James, 1841-1918 2
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 2
- Anderson, Jesse A., 1891- 1
- Colton, Ethan T., 1872 1
- Columbus, Christopher 1
- Ginsburg, Mirra 1
- Grebenstchikoff, George and Tatiana 1
- James Stokes Society 1
- Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest 1
- Likhanov, Alʹbert Anatolʹevich 1
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 1
- McGovern, Ann 1
- Meikup, August 1
- Michelson, Herbert 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 1
- Radzilowski, John 1
- Riordan, James, 1936-2012 1
- Rozenblat, Anatoly 1 + ∧ less