Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Collection contains correspondence, class handouts, lecture notes and visual aids, published articles and reports, subject files, audio tapes and videotapes relating to Perlis' work in computer science education, programming languages, and compiler programs.
Contains published annual reports, directories, newsletters, and other miscellaneous publications of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), its regions, and chapters.
Collection contains chronological files which contain outgoing correspondence relating to Bruce Gilchrist's duties as an officer of the ACM and AFIPS. Most of the records prior to 1965 concern ACM and those records created in 1965 or later relate to AFIPS.
The papers reflect Bryan Kocher's work in various capacities of the ACM. Most heavily documented are his service on the Council and his activities as president of the ACM. Materials include reports, correspondence, studies, manuals and subject files.
Collection consists of files Daniel McCracken created during his professional involvement with ACM, as well as his personal papers. The collection contains council and executive committee agendas, minutes, and attachments (1974-1982), correspondence (1969-1982), and personnel lists (1974-1983), personal correspondence, and material from a programming course taught by McCracken.
Papers contain David S. Wise's ACM-related materials, including information on the ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming, various Special Interest Group (SIG) boards, and the Federated Computing Research Conference.
The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, technical reports and notes, subject files, minutes, manuals, photographs, audio tapes, videotapes, publications, presentations, and a deposition related to Herbert Bright's work in the computer industry and with computer professional groups. Records from Philco and COMPLAN include chronological files for brief periods. Also included in the collection are some personal papers and photographs that partially document the period from 1924-1956.
Collection contains an assortment of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) journal issues and conference and workshop proceedings, many from various special interest groups (SIGs) within ACM.
Collection documents the activities of the MJCC from 1979 and consists of conference programs and brochures; conference planning and evaluation materials; meeting minutes of the executive board and committees; administrative records; and some photographs.
- Names: Association for Computing Machinery X
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 5
- Computers -- History. 3
- Computer industry 2
- Computer programming 2
- Computers 2
- Electronic Data Processing 2
- Electronic data processing -- Congresses 2
- Electronic data processing -- Societies, etc. 2
- LISP (Computer program language) 2
- Univac computer 2
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History 1
- APL (Computer program language) 1
- APT (Computer program language) -- Standards. 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States. 1
- Automation -- Periodicals. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) -- Standards 1
- Compilers (Computer programs) 1 + ∧ less
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 7
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 2
- Burroughs Corporation 2
- Data Processing Management Association 2
- Gilchrist, Bruce, 1930- 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- International Federation for Information Processing 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Sammet, Jean E., 1928- 2
- Alexander, Samuel N. 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- American National Standards Institute. 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Arnoni, M. S. 1
- Association for Systems Management. 1
- Association of Independent Software Companies 1
- Berkeley Enterprises. 1 + ∧ less