Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Adrian Lyon papers
Papers of Adrian Lyon documenting his work at many levels within the YMCA, primarily as chairman of the General Board of the National Council of the YMCA.
Gilbert Beaver papers
Correspondence and reports documenting YMCA student work and foreign work, especially in China during the early 20th century.
International work subject files
Subject files comprised of correspondence, reports, minutes, memoranda, and printed material concerning various aspects of YMCA work abroad, especially financial issues, boys' work, and war work.
James Stokes Society records
[One to two sentence description of the collection.]
John R. Mott papers
Papers of John R. Mott, a dominant figure in the YMCA of the early 20th century, documenting, in part, his work with the North American YMCA.
Records of YMCA international work in Austria, Hungary, and Switzerland
Includes correspondence, reports, and printed material, primarily concerning the YMCA in Vienna, Austria, but also including some information about YMCA work in Budapest, Hungary and in Switzerland.
Records of YMCA international work in Bulgaria
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, constitutions, articles and other records of the YMCA movement in Bulgaria, mainly in Sofia.
Records of YMCA International Work in Czechoslovakia
Reports, correspondence, printed material and other records of YMCA work in Czechoslovakia, primarily during the period between World War I and the Communist take-over in 1948.
Records of YMCA international work in Japan
Records of YMCA work in Japan consisting primarily of correspondence among YMCA secretaries working in Japan, as well as correspondence and reports to YMCA leaders in the United States on matters relating to programs, war time activities, finances, membership recruitment, and religious instruction.
Records of YMCA international work in miscellaneous countries
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, building plans, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in Albania, Armenia, South Asia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Cambodia, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, Gaza, Guam, Iran, Ireland, Laos, Lithuania, Mariana Islands, Micronesia, Middle East, Moluccas, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Saipan, Samoa, Western Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Scandinavia, Slovakia, Sweden, Syria, Tahiti, and Truk.
Records of YMCA international work in Palestine and Israel
Records of YMCA international work in Russia and the Soviet Union and with Russians
Records of YMCA work in Russia and the Soviet Union consisting primarily of correspondence among YMCA secretaries working in Russia, as well as correspondence and reports to YMCA leaders in the Unites States on matters relating to programs, relations with the Orthodox Church, finances, membership recruitment, and work with World War I soldiers and prisoners of war.
Robert Weidensall papers
Papers, primarily correspondence, diaries, and travelogs, of Robert Weidensall documenting his 54 year career organizing YMCAs, including state, county, college and railroad work. The collection includes correspondence from Weidensall's brother, Jacob, who was involved in the Civil War; as well as many local YMCA leaders documenting the evolution of state, county and college work of the YMCA.
Student work records
Minutes, correspondence, reports, topical files, publications, and other material documenting the work of the YMCA with students on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. Also included are records concerning other national and international Christian student groups with which the Student YMCA worked. .
Wirt Wiley papers
Papers, primarily correspondence, documenting Wiley's work with YMCA history, the YMCA retirement fund, evangelical organizations outside of the YMCA and work within the YMCA's National Council, including reorganization.
YMCA pamphlet collection
Pamphlets on a wide variety of subject matters published or collected by the YMCA.
- Names: Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 X
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 14
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 7
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 4
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 3
- Church work with students. 2
- Evangelistic work. 2
- Soldiers. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Middle East 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Russia (Federation). 2
- Young Women's Christian associations 2
- Arab-Israeli conflict. 1
- Bible -- Study and teaching 1
- Blueprints. 1
- Budapest (Hungary). 1
- Buildings -- Israel -- Designs and plans. 1
- Buildings -- Palestine -- Designs and plans. 1
- Bulgaria. 1
- Camps -- Czechoslovakia. 1
- China -- Social conditions. 1 + ∧ less
- English 13
- Multiple languages 3
- Russian 2
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 12
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 6
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 4
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 4
- Davis, Darius A. 3
- Ober, Charles K. (Charles Kellogg), 1856- 3
- Wishard, Luther D. (Luther Deloraine), 1854-1925 3
- YMCA of the USA 3
- Barnett, Eugene E. 2
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 2
- Morse, Richard Cary, 1841-1926 2
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 2
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 2
- Stokes, James, 1841-1918 2
- Weidensall, Robert, 1836-1922 2
- Wiley, S. Wirt (Samuel Wirt), 1878- 2
- Adamson, A. Q. 1
- Allen, P. MacGregor (Percy MacGregor) 1
- Anderson, Jesse A., 1891- 1 + ∧ less