Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection includes reports, surveys, and other materials written and collected by Clifford M. Carey for the National Board of YMCAs, Research and Development Services, National Council, and the Ohio-West Virginia Area Council of YMCAs.
Collection contains correspondence, news clippings, articles written by and about Harmon, speeches given by Harmon, as well as travel letters written during his extensive world travels.
Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Material documenting Hanson's career with the YMCA, as well as his work as a professional speaker on international issues. Of particular interest are the journals, which cover his time in Europe working with the Foyers du Soldat during World War I.
Biographical material as well as small collections of personal papers of prominent YMCA of the USA leaders.
Annual publications of the body that coordinated or oversaw YMCA work for North American, and later the United States, including proceedings of annual conventions, yearbooks, directories, and statistical summaries.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 6
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- African Americans -- Social conditions 2
- Social work with African Americans. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- African Americans -- Segregation. 1
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Diaries 1
- Discrimination in employment -- United States. 1
- Drug abuse -- Prevention 1
- Fund raising 1
- Latin America -- Description and travel. 1
- National Consultation on Interracial Work of the YMCA (1954: Columbus, Ohio). 1
- Pay equity -- United STates. 1
- Race discrimination. 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 1
- Race relations -- United States. 1
- Refugee camps -- Mexico. 1 + ∧ less
- YMCA of the USA 3
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 3
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 2
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 2
- Alexander, Jesse N. 1
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- Foyers du soldat de l'Union franco-américaine. 1
- Hanson, Wayne, 1877-1965 1
- Harmon, Francis Stuart, 1895-1977 1
- Julian, Percy, 1940- 1
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives, compiler. 1
- Marsh, Leo B. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. National Board Chairman's Committee on Interracial Advance. 1
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America. National Task Force on the YMCA in Black Communities. 1
- National Study Commission on Interracial Practices. 1
- YMCA of the USA. North American Urban Group. 1
- YMCA of the USA. Urban Action and Program Division. 1 + ∧ less