Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Dick Kautz papers
Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Ernie Chapman papers
Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Interracial programs records
Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
James F. Bunting papers
James Stokes Society records
[One to two sentence description of the collection.]
Leo Marsh papers
Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Miscellaneous YMCA research, planning and development records
Reports, correspondence, publications, minutes, and other records from various YMCA of the USA departments dealing with research and planning.
Records of local Young Men's Christian Associations
Scattered constitutions and by-laws, histories, minutes, reports, correspondence, photographs, newspapers, journals, articles, publicity, building records, surveys, studies, handbooks, and other material associated with the operation and functions of local YMCA associations in North American, particularly Hawaii and Chicago, Illinois, as well as their connection to the national board of the North American YMCA.
Records of YMCA work with related organizations
Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
Records of YMCA work with women, girls, and families
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles, scrapbooks, studies and other records documenting North American YMCA’s programs for and policies regarding women, girls and families.
YMCA general counsel files
Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
YMCA North American international convention records
Correspondence, minutes, reports, proceedings, agendas, statements, scrapbooks, delegate lists, active members lists, promotional material, conference attendance lists, fact sheets, financial documentation, diagrams and maps of convention spaces and cities, journal and newspaper articles, bulletins, and other material from the international as well as some national conferences of the North American YMCA.
YMCA Program Services and Program Store records
Reports, correspondence, audio-visual material, and other records of the National Council of YMCA's Program Services Committee and the YMCA of the USA's Program Store documenting various YMCA programs, including refugee work during the late 1940s and 1950s, and programs aimed at alleviating social problems, such as homelessness and unemployment during the Great Depression and teenage drug use later in the 1990s.
YMCA urban work and Urban Group records
YMCA work with special populations records
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, instructional exercise charts, program manuals, timelines, journal and newspaper articles, and other records from the YMCA's Office of Special Populations and predecessor programs, which served people with disabilities, in large part from the files of Grace Demmery Reynolds.
YMCA yearbooks, directories, and proceedings
Annual publications of the body that coordinated or oversaw YMCA work for North American, and later the United States, including proceedings of annual conventions, yearbooks, directories, and statistical summaries.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 4
- African Americans -- Social conditions 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- African Americans -- Segregation. 2
- Race discrimination. 2
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 2
- Social work with African Americans. 2
- United States -- Race relations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 2
- Young Women's Christian associations 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Aquatic sports -- Safety measures. 1
- Camps -- Management. 1
- Card games (game sets). 1
- Child care -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- Civil rights workers. 1
- Coaching (Athletics). 1 + ∧ less
- Russian 1
- YMCA of the USA 11
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 7
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 5
- Association of Secretaries of Young Men’s Christian Associations of North America 2
- Marsh, Leo B. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 2
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 2
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 2
- Alexander, Jesse N. 1
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Association Press (New York, N.Y.). 1
- Association of Professional Directors of YMCAs (U.S.). 1
- Bunting, James F. 1
- Chapman, Irvin C. 1
- Colton, Winifred J. 1
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- George Williams College (Downers Grove, Ill.). 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. 1 + ∧ less