Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Dates: 1957-2003.; Majority of material found in ( 1968-1980)
Abstract Scattered constitutions and by-laws, histories, minutes, reports, correspondence, photographs, newspapers, journals, articles, publicity, building records, surveys, studies, handbooks, and other material associated with the operation and functions of local YMCA associations in North American, particularly Hawaii and Chicago, Illinois, as well as their connection to the national board of the North American YMCA.
Abstract Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
Abstract Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
Dates: 1890-1999; Majority of material found within 1959-1993
- Legal correspondence 1
- Muscatine (Iowa). 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Law and legislation 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Taxation 1
- Photographs 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Hawaii. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Illinois -- Chicago. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 1
- Young Women's Christian associations 1 ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 3
- American Red Cross 1
- George Williams College (Downers Grove, Ill.). 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. 1
- Institute of Pacific Relations. 1