Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract [One to two sentence description of the collection.]
Dates: 1858-1976; Majority of material found within 1890-1971
Abstract Scattered constitutions and by-laws, histories, minutes, reports, correspondence, photographs, newspapers, journals, articles, publicity, building records, surveys, studies, handbooks, and other material associated with the operation and functions of local YMCA associations in North American, particularly Hawaii and Chicago, Illinois, as well as their connection to the national board of the North American YMCA.
Abstract Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles, scrapbooks, studies and other records documenting North American YMCA’s programs for and policies regarding women, girls and families.
Dates: 1889-1991; Majority of material found in ( 1880s-1960s)
Abstract Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
Dates: 1890-1999; Majority of material found within 1959-1993
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, proceedings, agendas, statements, scrapbooks, delegate lists, active members lists, promotional material, conference attendance lists, fact sheets, financial documentation, diagrams and maps of convention spaces and cities, journal and newspaper articles, bulletins, and other material from the international as well as some national conferences of the North American YMCA.
Abstract Annual publications of the body that coordinated or oversaw YMCA work for North American, and later the United States, including proceedings of annual conventions, yearbooks, directories, and statistical summaries.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 2
- Young Women's Christian associations 2
- Family life education. 1
- Girls 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Law and legislation 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Taxation 1
- Philanthropists. 1
- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Social work with women. 1
- Women 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Canada. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Hawaii. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Illinois -- Chicago. 1 ∧ less
- Russian 1
- YMCA of the USA 5
- Association of Secretaries of Young Men’s Christian Associations of North America 2
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Colton, Winifred J. 1
- George Williams College (Downers Grove, Ill.). 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. 1
- Institute of Pacific Relations. 1
- International Committee of YMCAs. 1
- International Convention of Young Men’s Christian Associations. 1
- James Stokes Society 1
- Lansdale, Herbert Parker, 1898-1988 1
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 1
- National Assembly of National Voluntary Health and Social Welfare Organizations. 1
- National Council on the Aging 1
- Springfield College 1
- Stokes, James, 1841-1918. 1
- United Nations 1 ∧ less