Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Primarily administrative files of the national body of the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) in the United States, especially minutes and related documents of its various governing bodies (the International Commitee, the National Board, the National Council, and the Executive Board), as well as numerous committees.
Abstract Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Dates: 1920-1979; Majority of material found in ( 1959-1969).
Abstract Reports, correspondence, publications, minutes, and other records from various YMCA of the USA departments dealing with research and planning.
Dates: 1885-1984; Majority of material found within ( 1920-1970)
Abstract Records documenting YMCA work in China, including histories, annual reports, report letters, correspondence, minutes, records of specific programs and activities, building records (including building plans), financial records, biographical records, pamphlets, and maps.
Dates: 1890-1991.; Majority of material found within ( 1896-1949)
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles, scrapbooks, studies and other records documenting North American YMCA’s programs for and policies regarding women, girls and families.
Dates: 1889-1991; Majority of material found in ( 1880s-1960s)
Abstract Reports, correspondence, audio-visual material, and other records of the National Council of YMCA's Program Services Committee and the YMCA of the USA's Program Store documenting various YMCA programs, including refugee work during the late 1940s and 1950s, and programs aimed at alleviating social problems, such as homelessness and unemployment during the Great Depression and teenage drug use later in the 1990s.
Dates: 1902-2011; Majority of material found within ( 1926-1990s)
Abstract Minutes and reports from Area Council meetings, Area Executive Committee reports, staff meeting reports, program reports and other records of YMCA’s regional supervisory agencies, organized by eighteen different geographic regions, which overlap in coverage and were active during periods of time.
Dates: 1851-1994; Majority of material found within ( 1960s-1980s)
Abstract Annual publications of the body that coordinated or oversaw YMCA work for North American, and later the United States, including proceedings of annual conventions, yearbooks, directories, and statistical summaries.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 5
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States -- Administration. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- African Americans -- Segregation. 1
- African Americans -- Social conditions 1
- Aquatic sports -- Safety measures. 1
- Camps -- Management. 1
- Card games (game sets). 1
- Child care -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- China 1
- Church work -- China. 1
- Civil rights workers. 1
- Coaching (Athletics). 1
- Education -- China. 1
- Education -- Political aspects -- China. 1
- Family life education. 1
- Girls 1
- Hong Kong (China) 1
- Korea. 1
- Physical education and training. 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- YMCA of the USA 6
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 4
- Association Press (New York, N.Y.). 1
- Association of Secretaries of Young Men’s Christian Associations of North America 1
- Brockman, Fletcher S., 1867-1944 1
- Chinese Students' Christian Association. 1
- Colton, Winifred J. 1
- Exner, Max 1
- Lansdale, Herbert Parker, 1898-1988 1
- Lyon, David Willard, 1870-1949 1
- Marsh, Leo B. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Commission on Interracial Policies and Program. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 1
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 1
- Peace Corps (U.S.) 1
- Peter, W. W. (William Wesley), 1882-. 1
- Princeton University. 1
- Robertson, C. H. 1 ∧ less