Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract In 1978 and 1979 historian Barbara Sommer interviewed residents of the Fond du Lac Reservation in Minnesota. The participants discussed and defined changes in the boundary of the Fond du Lac Reservation, MN. They also identified some changes in land use that occurred on the reservation and identified historic sites. The interviews include some spoken Ojibwe words and place names. The collection consists of audiorecordings of the interviews and one volume containing the project's final report,...
Historic Resources Inventory of the Fond du Lac Reservation, Carlton and St. Louis Counties, Minnesota
Abstract The collection consists of a report compiled for Beck and Associates, Inc. of Duluth, Minnesota by Barbara Sommer. The purpose of the report was to identify historic sites on the Fond du Lac Reservation which is located in Carlton and St. Louis Counties near the town of Cloquet, Minnesota.
Abstract The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth area businesses and labor unions. Narrators comment, where appropriate, on the founding and growth of carious businesses or labor organizations, the formation of corporate policies, labor – management relations, urban renewal, union philosophy and strategy, government regulation, binding arbitrations, and the relationship of business and labor political and civic affairs.
Abstract The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth, Minnesota area businesses and labor unions. Barbara Sommer conducted the interviews in 1980-1981.
Abstract Contains interviews with ten participants, documenting the history of commercial fishing on Lake Superior's North Shore. The interviewees are individuals who themselves, or whose families, engaged in commercial fishing in this region. The interviewer is Barbara Sommer.
Abstract In 1979 historian Barbara Sommer interviewed nine Duluth, Minnesota area women who worked in business or the professions. The women discussed their reasons for entering the various professions they represent, including doctor, lawyer, arts administrator, library director, banker, small business owner and business employees. They also described their reasons for entering their field, their reactions to it, the reactions of colleagues and commented generally on the impact their careers have had...
Abstract In 1978 and 1979 historian Barbara Sommer interviewed fifteen women form the Duluth, Minnesota area who were involved in politics as elected officials or activists. In the interviews the women discussed their reasons for entering politics, their involvements past and present, and their own and their families' reactions to their involvement in politics. The collection consists of audio recordings of the interviews, typed indexes to the topics covered in the recordings, copies of the question...
- Names: Sommer, Barbara X
- Oral history 6
- Business 3
- Duluth (Minn.) 3
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 3
- Anishinaabe 2
- Fond du Lac Indian Reservation (Minn.) 2
- Historic sites--Minnesota 2
- Indian reservations--Minnesota 2
- Labor unions 2
- Labor, Organized 2
- Ojibwe Indians 2
- Politics 2
- Women 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. 1
- Businesses 1
- Carlton County (Minn.)--History 1 ∧ less
- Shabaiash, Mike, circa 1890 September 10-1990 January 10 2
- Whitebird, Frank C., 1895 June 21-1986 March 19 2
- A.W. "Lon" Taylor, 1918 June 15-2000 July 1 1
- Anderson, Vicki Lynn Larsen, 1949- 1
- Andresen, John, 1924 July 9- 1
- Atkins, Samuel F., 1907 July 20-1982 September 25 1
- Baker-Kent, Lurline J, 1938- 1
- Bester, Earl T., 1900 July 30-1986 April 18 1
- Beukema, Christian F., 1918?-1999 May 14 1
- Blacketter, James Sr., 1909 October 20-? 1
- Boundary Changes on the Fond du Lac Reservation Oral History Project (Fond du Lac, Minn.) 1
- Bridges, Helen and Russell 1
- Bye, Meg, 1963 February 6-2012 May 30 1
- Christiansen, Aleck, 1891 December 25-1979 April 16 1
- Churchill, Donna, 1940- 1
- Creps, Donna, 1929 April-2011 August 25 1
- Danielson, Elizabeth, 1888 October 12-1982 December 02 1
- Dizard, George, 1916-2001 1
- Dodge, Deidre, 1945- 1 ∧ less