Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract Papers of Dalton McClelland, documenting his work as general secretary in India, special secretary of the YMCA International Committee for North Africa, the Middle East and Asia, as well as representative of the YMCA World Alliance to the United Nations.
Dates: 1915-1976; Majority of material found within ( 1950-1967).
Abstract Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Dates: 1957-2003.; Majority of material found in ( 1968-1980)
Abstract Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Abstract The Frank Kiehne Papers reflect Kiehne's life long involvement in the YMCA from his experience as a youth program director in Chicago in 1947 to his retirement as the Secretary for Refugees and Rehabilitation for the World Alliance of YMCAs in 1990.
Dates: circa 1940-2010; Majority of material found within ( 1970-1995)
Abstract Papers of Marvin Ludwig, documenting his work with the YMCA in the United States and Africa. The majority of the materials reflect Ludwig's interest in work with African YMCAs, especially the establishment in Ethiopian YMCA in the 1950s and 1960s and its re-establishment in the 1990s.
Abstract Collected materials by Pence documenting his personal interests. Also included are materials on Pence's YMCA work.
Dates: 1915-1968.; Majority of material found within ( 1950-1960)
Abstract Includes correspondence, reports, and printed material, primarily concerning the YMCA in Vienna, Austria, but also including some information about YMCA work in Budapest, Hungary and in Switzerland.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, and other records of the YMCA movement in Ghana, especially in the area around Accra, and mainly describing various projects that the United States YMCA and other United States assistance groups were helping to fund.
Dates: 1959-1991; Majority of material found within ( 1970s-1980s)
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in Tanzania.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records concerning the YMCA movement in England. Early records include the development of United Kingdom YMCAs. English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish national council reports and yearbooks, reports and other records from local associations, as well as material related to the YMCA's role during World War I and II make up the bulk of this material.
Dates: 1844-1992; Majority of material found in ( 1870s-1950s)
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, images, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in New Zealand, much of it related to the New Zealand Y’s involvement in World War I, as well as its work with the North American YMCA movement in Samoa.
Abstract Reports, correspondence, and other records of the World Alliance of YMCAs, a confederation of the national councils of YMCAs from around the world.
Dates: 1853-2001; Majority of material found within ( 1880s-1980s)
- Names: World Alliance of YMCAs. X
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 8
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 5
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Ethiopia. 2
- Accra (Ghana). 1
- Apartheid. 1
- Arusha (Tanzania). 1
- Auckland (New Zealand). 1
- Belfast (Northern Ireland). 1
- Budapest (Hungary). 1
- Christchurch (New Zealand). 1
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania). 1
- Dunedin (New Zealand). 1
- England. 1
- Ethiopia -- Social conditions. 1
- Germans -- England -- London. 1
- Ghana. 1
- Hungary -- History -- Revolution, 1956 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- Multiple languages 1
- YMCA of the USA 7
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 5
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 5
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 4
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- United Nations 2
- United States. Agency for International Development. 2
- Williams, George, 1821-1905. 2
- Africa Alliance of YMCAs. 1
- British Boys for British Farms (Scheme). 1
- Carlsson, Carol. 1
- Chapman, Irvin C. 1
- Christian Medical College (Vellore, India). Hospital. 1
- Defiance College. 1
- Goodwill Industries International. 1
- Kautz, Richard C. 1
- Kiehne, Frank, 1925-2014 1
- Ludwig, Marvin 1 ∧ less