Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Primarily administrative files of the national body of the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) in the United States, especially minutes and related documents of its various governing bodies (the International Commitee, the National Board, the National Council, and the Executive Board), as well as numerous committees.
The collection contains documents concerning the International Association of Retired Directors [of YMCAs], (IARD); speeches, articles as well as personal correspondence. Slides concerning the establishment of Camp Olson located in Longville, MN, the Sioux Indian YMCA and personal events are also part of the collection.
Reports, correspondence, publications, minutes, and other records from various YMCA of the USA departments dealing with research and planning.
Scattered constitutions and by-laws, histories, minutes, reports, correspondence, photographs, newspapers, journals, articles, publicity, building records, surveys, studies, handbooks, and other material associated with the operation and functions of local YMCA associations in North American, particularly Hawaii and Chicago, Illinois, as well as their connection to the national board of the North American YMCA.
Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles, scrapbooks, studies and other records documenting North American YMCA’s programs for and policies regarding women, girls and families.
Biographical material as well as small collections of personal papers of prominent YMCA of the USA leaders.
Administrative records, including reports, minutes, correspondence, publications, conference proceedings, subject files, and other material of the YMCA's boys' work department, as well as records concerning the YMCA's major youth development programs, including camping, Hi-Y, Youth in Government, Y-Indian Guides, and NYPUM (National Youth Program Using Mini-Bikes).
Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
Reports, correspondence, audio-visual material, and other records of the National Council of YMCA's Program Services Committee and the YMCA of the USA's Program Store documenting various YMCA programs, including refugee work during the late 1940s and 1950s, and programs aimed at alleviating social problems, such as homelessness and unemployment during the Great Depression and teenage drug use later in the 1990s.
Minutes and reports from Area Council meetings, Area Executive Committee reports, staff meeting reports, program reports and other records of YMCA’s regional supervisory agencies, organized by eighteen different geographic regions, which overlap in coverage and were active during periods of time.
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, instructional exercise charts, program manuals, timelines, journal and newspaper articles, and other records from the YMCA's Office of Special Populations and predecessor programs, which served people with disabilities, in large part from the files of Grace Demmery Reynolds.
Annual publications of the body that coordinated or oversaw YMCA work for North American, and later the United States, including proceedings of annual conventions, yearbooks, directories, and statistical summaries.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 11
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 4
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 3
- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States -- Administration. 2
- Young Women's Christian associations 2
- African Americans -- Social conditions 1
- Aquatic sports -- Safety measures. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Boys -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Camping -- History. 1
- Camps -- Management. 1
- Camps -- Minnesota -- Longville. 1
- Card games (game sets). 1
- Child care -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- Coaching (Athletics). 1
- Drug abuse -- Prevention 1
- Family life education. 1
- Fathers and sons -- Societies, etc. 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 8
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 6
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 2
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Association Press (New York, N.Y.). 1
- Association of Professional Directors of YMCAs (U.S.). 1
- Association of Secretaries of Young Men’s Christian Associations of North America 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). 1
- Chapman, Irvin C. 1
- Clowers, Max W. 1
- Colton, Winifred J. 1
- George Williams College (Downers Grove, Ill.). 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. 1
- Institute of Pacific Relations. 1
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives, compiler. 1
- Kautz, Richard C. 1
- Lansdale, Herbert Parker, 1898-1988 1 + ∧ less