Showing Collections: 31 - 39 of 39
Records of YMCA international work in Siam and Thailand
Correspondence, administrative reports, financial reports, program reports, and publications documenting YMCA international work in Siam / Thailand, primarily in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
Records of YMCA international work in South Africa
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in South Africa, particularly Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town, Natal and Kimberley.
Records of YMCA international work in Spain
Correspondence, minutes and reports of YMCA international work in Spain, primarily during the decade from 1969 to 1979, when the North American YMCA was most active in developing the movement in Spain.
Records of YMCA international work in Taiwan
Correspondence and reports concerning YMCA property, loans, and annual surveys, YMCA publications, histories, photographs, newspaper articles, maps, and building schematics documenting YMCA international work in Taiwan, primarily in Taipei, Tainan, Taichung, and Kaohsiung.
Records of YMCA international work in the Philippines
Correspondence, reports, financial and property records, and printed material documenting YMCA international work in the Philippines, including material on local associations, Army-Navy work, and rural reconstruction.
Records of YMCA international work in Uruguay
Correspondence, reports, and printed material, primarily concerning the YMCAs in Montevideo, but also including information on other YMCAs in the cities of Paysandú, Salto and San José. A significant portion of the records consist of correspondence and documents concerning the financial struggles and building campaigns of the Montevideo YMCA.
Records of YMCA work in New Zealand
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, images, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in New Zealand, much of it related to the New Zealand Y’s involvement in World War I, as well as its work with the North American YMCA movement in Samoa.
YMCA international work administrative records
Reports, correspondence, telegrams, minutes, agendas, financial records and budgets, fundraising records, newsletters, promotional material, posters, photographs, drawings, blueprints, maps, postcards, scrapbooks, bound volumes, and some artifacts documenting the development and administration of the YMCA's Foreign Work Department, later known as the World Service and then the International Division.
YMCA international work personal and regional files
Reports, correspondence, and other records concerning YMCA international work in Europe and Asia, consisting primarily of the files of Bruce Knox and Bill Sieverling, who coordinated work in Europe and Asia respectively, during the period from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s. The collection also includes a smaller set of files documenting work in Europe from the World War I era to just after World War II.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 36
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 35
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 7
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 4
- Korea. 3
- Burma. 2
- Ceylon. 2
- Hong Kong (China) 2
- International development issues. 2
- Maps. 2
- Pakistan 2
- Photographs 2
- Soldiers. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Middle East 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Brazil 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Burma. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Morocco. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Pakistan. 2
- Young Men’s Christian associations -- South Asia. 2
- Young Men’s Christian associations -- Western Samoa. 2 + ∧ less
- English 27
- Multiple languages 11
- Arabic 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 26
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 25
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 6
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 5
- United States. Agency for International Development. 5
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 4
- Federación Sudamericana de Asociaciones Cristianas de Jóvenes 3
- Tyler, Daniel Penick. 3
- YMCA of the USA 3
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 2
- Aplin, Lawrence E. D. (Lawrence Edgar Denison) 2
- Brunger, Harry. 2
- Davis, Darius A. 2
- Instituto Técnico (Federación Sudamericana de Asociaciones Cristianas de Jóvenes, Montevideo, Uruguay) 2
- Knox, Bruce. 2
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 2
- Stokes, James, 1841-1918 2
- Taylor, Arthur Stuart. 2 + ∧ less