Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: SW 271
Abstract Collection contains the records of the Baccalaureate Program Directors Association.
Identifier: SW 211
Abstract The collection contains the personal and professional papers of noted public welfare administrator and social work educator, Benjamin E. Youngdahl. Personal correspondents include Harry Truman, Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Humphrey, and John F. Kennedy. Materials documenting Youngdahl's career in the academic and public sectors form the bulk of the collection.
Dates: 1916-1968; Majority of material found within ( 1940-1962)
Abstract The collection comprises copies of Eileen Blackey's speeches and writings, as assembled by colleagues after her death. Most of the documents deal with aspects of social work education in the U.S. and in Israel.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: SW 197
Abstract Among the topics covered in this collection of publications by Rice are medical social work, public health, tuberculosis, and social work education.
Abstract The Ernest Witte papers include resumes and memorial tributes, speeches and writins by Witte (1920-1981), correspondence to and by Witte, reports from various organizations led by Witte, committee and faculty meeting minutes, project reports, and a substantial collection of grant proposals connected with the United States Department of Health, Education and Welfare Training and Manpower Project. The papers also include resource files of newpapers clippings, pamphlets, reports, and university...
Abstract The personal and professional papers of Louis Towley, professor of social work at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri. Correspondence, both personal and professional, constitutes a large portion of the collection. There is also a large section of articles, speeches and notes on all facets of social work and social work education. One major section contains class materials, notes, outlines and examinations given by Towley at George Warren...
Abstract Photocopy of a 500-page typescript reminiscence written by Mildred Mudgett, a social work educator. Include descriptions of her time teaching at the University of Minnesota from 1920-1930; a survey of schools of social work that she conducted for the American Association of Schools of Social Work in 1935; and Mudgett's recollections about noted social workers, including Mary E. Richmond, Frank Bruno, Joanna Colcord, Edith Abbott and Grace Abbott.
Identifier: SW 60
Abstract In addition to the committee's administrative records, the collection contains questionnaire responses form and correspondence with directors of schools or departments of social work.
- Social work education -- United States 5
- Social work education -- United States -- History -- Sources. 3
- Social work education 2
- Social work profession 2
- Academic Freedom. 1
- African Americans -- Education 1
- Artifacts 1
- Child welfare 1
- Civil rights 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Disarmament 1
- Displaced persons 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Great Depression 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Medical social work -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Mid-century White House Conference on Children and Youth (1950: Washington, D.C.) 1
- Minnesota 1
- Old age 1
- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- George Warren Brown School of Social Work 2
- Towley, Louis 2
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Baccalaureate Program Directors Association 1
- Blackey, Eileen, 1902-1979 1
- Bruno, Frank John, 1874-1955 1
- Colcord, Joanna C. (Joanna Carver), 1882-1960 1
- Council on Social Work Education 1
- Davis, Alice Taylor, 1903- 1
- Freeman, Douglas Southall, 1886-1953 1
- Gustavus Adolphus College 1
- Hobby, Oveta Culp, 1905- 1
- Hollis, Ernest V. (Ernest Victor), 1895-1965. 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Krenek, Ernst, 1900-1991 1
- Metropolitan church federation, St. Louis 1
- Mitropoulos, Dimitri, 1896-1960 1 ∧ less