Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Records of a national social service agency dedicated to research, advocacy, policy legislation, and standards in the field of child welfare. Includes minutes, memoranda, reports, correspondence, conference programs, publications, and professional standards. Also includes five microfilm reels containing: minutes from the board of directors, executive committee, annual meetings, and standing committees, as well as newsletters and bulletins (1915-1955); minutes of the National Association of Day...
Abstract Minutes, planning documents, publications, and organizational histories of the Children’s Home Society of Minnesota, founded in 1889. Board retreats, long-range planning, licensing, annual meetings, fund-raising and property acquisitions are also documented. Also includes the quarterly publication, The Minnesota Minnesota Children's Home Finder, dating from 1899-1971.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: SW 88
Abstract Photocopies of speeches, articles, and reports by Carstens.
Abstract The E. Wayne Carp papers include research files, legal documents, interviews, publications and other materials related to the history of adoption policy in the United States, individuals and organizations active in the areas of adoptee rights and access to adoption case records, and Carp's research and legal consulting related to adoption policy. In particular the papers include information on Jean Paton, a founder of the adoptee rights and open records movements. Other topics of note include...
Dates: 1890-2008; Majority of material found within 1995-2008
Abstract The International Social Service USA (ISS) records contain: administrative files; program and service records; statistics; documents relating to ISSUSA relations with other organizations, states or territories, and countries; and the administrative records of ISS headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The records document a wide range of social services with an international dimension, including services to refugees and migrants and, particularly, international adoptions by families in the United...
Abstract The Jean Paton Papers includes personal papers about Ms. Paton's research into her own adoption and family history, sketches and artworks pertaining to her career as a sculptor. The papers also include records regarding Orphan Voyage, a research and communication center for adoptees, adoptive parents, and birth parents.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: SW 68
Abstract Collection contains material relating to adoption.
Abstract The records comprise audio cassettes of speeches or papers presented at annual meetings of the National Council for Adoption (formerly the National Committee for Adoption) and personal files of the Council's founding president, Dr. William Pierce.
- Adoption 4
- Adoption -- United States -- History -- Sources. 2
- Adoption reform 2
- Child welfare 2
- Child welfare -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Day care -- In infancy and childhood -- United States -- History -- Sources. 2
- Foster home care -- United States -- History -- Sources. 2
- Abused children -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Adoption -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Adoption -- Minnesota -- History -- Sources. 1
- Adoption -- United States. 1
- Children -- Institutional care 1
- Immigrants -- United States 1
- Institutional care -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Intercountry adoption 1
- Social service -- International cooperation 1
- Social work with African American children -- United States -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Child Welfare League of America 2
- Carp, E. Wayne 1
- Carstens, C.C. (Christian Carl), 1865-1969 1
- Children's Home Society of Minnesota 1
- Children’s Aid Society of Minnesota 1
- Florence Crittenton. Division of the Child Welfare League of America 1
- International Migration Service. American Branch 1
- International Social Service. American Branch 1
- International Union for Child Welfare 1
- Life History Study Center 1
- Minnesota Council on Adoptions 1
- National Association of Day Nurseries, Inc. 1
- National Association of Services to Unmarried Parents 1
- National Children's Home and Welfare Association 1
- National Council for Adoption (U.S.) 1
- National Council on Illegitimacy 1
- Orphan Voyage 1
- Paton, Jean M. (1908-2002) 1 ∧ less