Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: SW 0023
Abstract Bradley Buell (1893-1976) was a social worker, author/editor, and community planning consultant. He worked for Community Chests and Councils, Inc. and for Surveymagazines, and he founded Community Research Associates. His papers reflect his involvement with the emergence of a professional association for social workers (the American Association of Social Workers) in the 1920s and the community planning and organization movement during the 1930s. Included are...
Dates: 1919-1942, 1966-1967
Identifier: SW 221
Abstract Collection contains tapes and transcripts from a series of oral history interview projects.
Abstract Records of the Henry Street Settlement, a settlement house located on New York City's Lower East Side. Contains minutes, correspondence, memoranda, reports, architectural drawings, publications, financial records, newspaper clippings, scripts, scores, photographs, maps, and newsletters. The records document the administration and programs of a leading organization in the settlement movement and reflect social issues affecting immigrants and low income groups. Topics include: the arts, child...
Identifier: SW 168
Abstract The records trace the program and policies of the settlement, and include miscellaneous papers of Edward Corsi, long-time executive director of the settlement. Also in the collection are records of the East Harlem Civic Association, founded in 1956.
Abstract The Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association (LENA) was founded in 1955 by a group of social agencies, civic organizations, churches, and individuals on New York City's Lower East Side. The Association worked to combat juvenile delinquency and, later, to improve housing, recreation, and health facilities in the neighborhood. Included are board and committee records, financial records, and correspondence of the executive director.
Identifier: SW 87
Abstract The Paul L. Benjamin papers reflect his interest in the family, the profession of social work, leisure, and relief measures during the depression.
Identifier: SW 13
Abstract In addition to the records of the board of directors and executive officers, the collection contains material documenting the organization's program activities, which included child care, Head Start, community food and nutrition, community development, education, employment, energy conservation, multi-service centers, and services for senior citizens.
Identifier: SW 70
Abstract Included are records related to the overall development and operations of the United Way organization; minutes of various boards and committees; program files formed around functional activities, studies, relationships, and topical reference materials; files on member agencies, formed primarily around the budget allocation process; and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1915-1983; (bulk 1930-1967)
Abstract The collection contains Violet Sieder's speeches and articles, as well as her reference files. The papers reflect her interests in community organization and planning, volunteers in community and social services, and her academic career.
- Community organization 4
- Volunteers 2
- Community development 1
- Community development -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Community organization -- Minnesota -- Ramsey County 1
- Community organization -- New York (State) -- New York -- History. 1
- Community organization -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Community organization -- New York (state) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Community organization -- United States 1
- Day care centers 1
- Day care of children 1
- Family services -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Family services. 1
- Group work 1
- Health care 1
- Housing -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Juvenile delinquency 1
- Juvenile delinquency -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Labor unions 1
- Leisure 1 ∧ less
- American Association of Social Workers 2
- Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association 2
- Beck, Bertram M. 1
- Benjamin, Paul L. (Paul Lyman) 1
- Boyte, Harry C., 1945- 1
- Buell, Bradley 1
- Center for Democracy and Citizenship (Minneapolis, Minn.) 1
- Cigar Makers' International Union of America 1
- Community Chests and Councils of America 1
- Corsi, Edward, 1896-1965. 1
- East Harlem Civic Association 1
- Haarlem House 1
- Hall, Helen, 1892-1982 1
- Henry Street Settlement (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs 1
- La Guardia Memorial House 1
- Mobilization for Youth 1
- Ramsey Action Programs, Inc. (Ramsey County, Minn.) 1
- Ramsey County Citizen's Committee for Economic Opportunity (Minn.) 1
- Sieder, Violet M. 1 ∧ less