Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Books, reports, articles and testimony on social work authored by Alfred J. Kahn. Topics include social policy, social planning, comparative U.S. and international child and family policy, juvenile delinquency, and social work education.
Abstract The Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association (LENA) was founded in 1955 by a group of social agencies, civic organizations, churches, and individuals on New York City's Lower East Side. The Association worked to combat juvenile delinquency and, later, to improve housing, recreation, and health facilities in the neighborhood. Included are board and committee records, financial records, and correspondence of the executive director.
Identifier: SW 208
Abstract The collection consists largely of published and unpublished reports and studies related to juvenile delinquency, poverty, and narcotics in New York. Many of the reports were prepared for LENA, the Harlem Neighborhood Association, and the Harlem Youth Opportunities Unlimited (HARYOU), and the New York City Youth Board.
Abstract The papers of Ralph and Ruth Tefferteller, social workers who spent much of their careers at the Henry Street Settlement in New York City. The papers document programs at the settlement as well as some of the Teffertellers' other professional and political activities and their work with the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee Mission in Vietnam.
Abstract Records of a federation of New York City settlement houses and its predecessor dating from 1898 to 1990. Includes: minutes, correspondence, memoranda, reports, publications, scrapbooks, corporate documents, departmental and project files, personnel records, and financial records. Subjects include the activities, administration, and philosophy of settlement houses and community centers as well as the development of professional social work. Includes documentation of issues and programs relating...
Identifier: SW 70
Abstract Included are records related to the overall development and operations of the United Way organization; minutes of various boards and committees; program files formed around functional activities, studies, relationships, and topical reference materials; files on member agencies, formed primarily around the budget allocation process; and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1915-1983; (bulk 1930-1967)
- Juvenile delinquency 3
- Community development -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Housing -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Juvenile delinquency -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Recreation -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Child welfare 1
- Community development -- New York (state) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Community organization 1
- Community organization -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Day care centers 1
- Day care of children 1
- Drug addicts 1
- Family policy 1
- Family policy -- United States. 1
- Family services -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Group work 1
- Health care 1
- Immigrants -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Juvenile delinquency -- New York (state) -- New York -- History -- Souces. 1
- Labor unions 1 ∧ less
- Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association 2
- Association of Neighborhood Workers. New York (City) 1
- Elliott, John Lovejoy, 1868-1942 1
- HARYOU (Organization) 1
- Harlem Neighborhood Association. 1
- Henry Street Settlement (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Highlander Folk School (Monteagle, Tenn.) 1
- Kahn, Alfred J., 1919-2009 1
- Massachusetts. Dept. of Mental Health 1
- New York City Youth Board 1
- Ralph Tefferteller 1
- Ruth Tefferteller 1
- Simkhovitch, Mary K. (Mary Kingsbury), 1867-1951 1
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee 1
- United Neighborhood Houses 1
- United Way of Minneapolis Area 1
- Yale, Milton 1 ∧ less