Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract The collection comprises copies of Eileen Blackey's speeches and writings, as assembled by colleagues after her death. Most of the documents deal with aspects of social work education in the U.S. and in Israel.
Abstract Contains material concerning Brugger's work as a consultant in social work education during the U.S. occupation of Japan, 1948-1950.
Abstract The records contain conference reports and records relating to seminars and meetings of the Inter-University Consortium for International Social Development.
Identifier: SW 49
Abstract Included in the collection are administrative records, minutes and working papers of association congresses and seminars, and correspondence with schools of social work in countries around the world.
Abstract Records of the International Conference of Social Work Secretariat records contain correspondence with and reports from national committees in 68 countries; correspondence with a variety of international organizations, many of them affiliated with the United Nations; and records pertaining to preparation for international conferences, which were held approximately every two years.
Dates: 1932-1984; 1932-1964
Abstract The International Social Service USA (ISS) records contain: administrative files; program and service records; statistics; documents relating to ISSUSA relations with other organizations, states or territories, and countries; and the administrative records of ISS headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The records document a wide range of social services with an international dimension, including services to refugees and migrants and, particularly, international adoptions by families in the United...
Abstract The Margaret Berry papers document her work with social service organizations and reflect her role as an unofficial historian of the settlement movement through items she collected about individuals, agencies, meetings, and events. The papers consist of: Berry's personal papers and memorabilia; materials related to her involvement with the Social Service Employees Union as well as local, national and international settlements and social welfare organizations; and clippings, memorials, and other...
Abstract National Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers records consist of correspondence, memoranda, reports, minutes, financial records, photographs, and other documents from the National Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers, now United Neighborhood Centers of America. The Federation, which was founded in 1911, included local settlement houses and neighborhood centers from across the United States and Canada. The records document the programs, methodology, member agencies,...
Collection — Box: 5
Identifier: SW 213
Abstract Correspondence, clippings, and papers of Savel Zimand, a health educator and journalist.
Identifier: SW 50
Abstract The collection consists primarily of speeches, newspaper clippings, publications, and routine correspondence reflecting Savilla Simon's professional career from 1932 to 1967. The material relating to government service deals mostly with her advisory role in international social welfare and U.S. social policy. Records of the work at the YWCA and the National Travelers Aid Association consists mostly of newspaper clippings and personal correspondence regarding her appointment to and resignation...
Dates: 1926-1972; (bulk 1932-1967)
Identifier: SW 7
Abstract The collection consists primarily of correspondence with the International Conference of Social Work, various U.S. Committee members, and other welfare organizations regarding committee support of ICSW and committee participation in and selection of delegates to conference.
Dates: 1938-1987; Majority of material found within 1952-1975
Identifier: SW 62
Abstract The United States Youth Council records include correspondence, publications, photographs, files on youth meetings and conferences, and files on projects and social issues campaigns.
- Social service -- International cooperation 11
- Adoption 1
- Health education 1
- Immigrants -- United States 1
- Intercountry adoption 1
- Japan -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1952. 1
- Public health -- International cooperation 1
- Public welfare -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Sex counseling 1
- Social Work administration -- United States 1
- Social action 1
- Social group work 1
- Social group work -- United States 1
- Social justice 1
- Social service -- International cooperation -- History -- Sources 1
- Social settlements 1
- Social settlements -- United States 1
- Social work 1
- Social work education 1
- Social work education -- Israel. 1 ∧ less
- American Cancer Society. New York City Committee 1
- Berry, Margaret E. 1
- Blackey, Eileen, 1902-1979 1
- Brugger, Florence 1
- Inter-University Consortium for International Social Development 1
- International Association of Schools of Social Work 1
- International Conference of Social Work (Society). Secretariat 1
- International Conference of Social Work (Society). United States Committee 1
- International Federation of Settlements. 1
- International Migration Service. American Branch 1
- International Social Service. American Branch 1
- National Board. Travelers Aid Association of America 1
- National Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers 1
- Simons, Savilla Millis, 1901-1994 1
- United States Youth Council 1
- Young Women's Christian Association 1
- Zimand, Savel, 1891- 1
- Zimand, Savel, 1891- -- Archives 1 ∧ less