Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence, research data, instrument designs, conference papers and reports, talks and lectures, and class materials of Alfred O. C. Nier, University of Minnesota physicist best known for his work in mass spectrometer design, the Manhattan Project, and space science research.
Abstract A.C. Krey’s papers, accumulated throughout his career as a historian at the University of Minnesota, contain correspondence by and about the leading contemporary historians in the U.S. Krey’s leadership in national and state historical organizations such as the American Association of University Professors, American Historical Association especially its Commission on the Investigation of Social Studies in the Schools, Minnesota Historical Society. and the National Council for the Social Studies.
Abstract The collection contains the papers of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Minnesota.
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence, research data, patent drawings, publications, and reports of Edward P. Ney, University of Minnesota physicist and astronomer best known for research in cosmic rays, the solar corona, zodiacal light, infrared astronomy, space photography, and radon gas.
Abstract Professional papers of George Bryan Vold, professor emeritus of sociology, consisting of correspondence, University of Minnesota faculty committees and Department of Sociology activities, work with professional organizations dealing with penal reform, articles, studies and speeches.
Abstract The collection contains the personal and professional papers of George Hall McCune, professor of social studies at the University of Minnesota.
Abstract The collection contains the personal and professional papers of Guy Stanton Ford, professor of history and dean of the Graduate School, 1913-1938 and president of the University of Minnesota, 1938-1941.
Abstract Papers of Lloyd L. Smith, Jr., Professor, University of Minnesota. His academic area was fisheries education and research. Smith was involved in research on the effect of water quality on fish populations in Minnesota, notably Rainy Lake and Lake of the Woods. Smith was active in professional organizations such as the American Fisheries Society, the Great Lakes Fishery Commission and the National Academy of Sciences. He also served on governmental and quasi-governmental agencies such as the...
Abstract The collection contains the papers of Mabelle McCullough, associate professor of Education and Assistant Dean of Students at the University of Minnesota.
Dates: 1948; 1959-1979
Identifier: uarc 449
Abstract This collection consists of the records of the Midwestern Universities Research Association (MURA), a corporation consisting of Midwestern universities established in 1953 to develop a high energy nuclear research facility in the Midwest. The University of Minnesota was one of the seven founding members.
- Reports 8
- Correspondence. 6
- Letters 6
- Minutes 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Memorandums 3
- Photographs 3
- Publications 3
- Teaching -- Aids and devices 3
- Technical reports 3
- Microfilm. 2
- Nuclear energy 2
- Patents 2
- Reprints (Publications) 2
- Research (document genres) 2
- Slides (Photography) 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 2
- University of Minnesota 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2 ∧ less
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 3
- University of Minnesota 3
- American Historical Association. 2
- American Historical Association. Commission on the Social Studies 2
- Beard, Charles A. (Charles Austin), 1874-1948 2
- Blegen, Theodore Christian, 1891-1969 2
- Buck, Solon J. (Solon Justus), 1884-1962 2
- Chapin, F. Stuart (Francis Stuart), 1888-1974 2
- Coffey, Walter Castella, 1876-1956 2
- Curti, Merle Eugene, 1897- 2
- Davis, William Stearns, 1877-1930 2
- Ford, Guy Stanton, 1873-1962 2
- Greene, Evarts Boutell, 1870-1947 2
- Haggerty, Melvin E. (Melvin Everett), 1875-1937 2
- Jameson, John Franklin, 1859-1937. 2
- Krey, August C. (August Charles), 1887-1961 2
- Lynd, Robert Staughton, 1892-1970 2
- MacGregor, Frank, 1897-1971 2
- Manhattan Project (Organization) 2
- McCune, George H., 1903-1988 2 ∧ less