Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The collection pertains to several claims to a land grant that was supposedly made to Jonathan Carver by two Naudowessie Indian chiefs in 1767. The land grant was located on the east side of the Mississippi River between the Falls of St. Anthony and Lake Pepin’s south end, extending far into present-day Wisconsin. Claims upon this land were disputed well into the nineteenth century. These papers center on claims made by Robert McLenehan and others in 1815-16.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract On June 6, 1727, six Englishmen were attacked in a riot in Jeddah, while their ship "Prince George" was docked in the port. This collection includes an eyewitness account by the only survivor, along with related materials.
Abstract [One to two sentence description of the collection.]
Identifier: Call #1732 fIr)-jfb-MB8257
Abstract This collection consists of the correspondence and administrative documents of Charles Irvine (1693-1771), a supercargo in employ with the Swedish East India Company, a trade company based in Gothenburg, Sweden conducting trade with the Far East during the 18th century.
Dates: 1698-1830; Majority of material found within 1730s-1770s
Abstract The collection of manuscripts and printed documents contains records of the private and commercial affairs of citizens of the village of Horche, Spain, between the late 17th and late 19th centuries.
- Manuscripts, English -- Specimens 2
- Asia -- Commerce -- Sweden -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Dakota Indians 1
- Indian land transfers – United States. 1
- Land titles — Minnesota. 1
- Land titles — Wisconsin. 1
- Manuscripts, Spanish - Specimens 1
- Minnesota – History – To 1848 – Sources. 1
- Real property-Spain 1
- Spain - Bishopric of Guadalajara - History to 1890 1
- Spain - History to 1890 1
- Spain-Commerce-History 1
- Svenska ostindiska kompaniet -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Sweden -- Commerce -- Asia -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Sweden -- Commerce -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Wisconsin – History – To 1848 – Sources. 1 ∧ less
- sv 1
- Carver, Jonathan, 1710-1780. 1
- Irvine, Charles. 1693-1771 1
- McLenehan, Robert 1
- Residents of Horche, Spain 1
- Rose, James. active 1743-1769 1