Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract This manuscript collection contains correspondence and papers related to the Jesuit missions in Mexico and South America (concentrated in the Rio de la Plata region) in the early modern period. Manuscripts in Spanish, 2 in Latin.
Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima records
Abstract The folio is an account book of the Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima, beginning in 1723 and ending in 1793. The records contain monthly totals of accounts payable and receivable, and details of monies received from rents and benefactions. Also included are records of patients (often indigent, among them present and former enslaved persons), the length of their stays, and the cost of their treatment and maintenance....
Dates: September, 1723-June 10, 1793
Abstract The collection contains eleven bound volumes of manuscript materials dating from the eighteenth century, the early nineteenth century, the Wars of Independence (ca. 1812-1824), and into the initial years of the Republic of Peru. The folios contain the letter books and account books of the Peruvian mercantile house of Izcue y Arias, and an account book of Izcue y Arias business asociate Dr. José Vidal. A separate account of cargo and passengers aboard the ship Divina Pastora, ca. 1799, which...
Abstract The Gallego collection contains personal correspondence between Manuel Gallego, Secretary to the viceroy of the Rio de la Plata, and his family members, friends, and business associates. The majority of the letters are addressed to Gallego from his personal and commercial contacts in Spain. The collection also contains documents relating to Gallego’s involvement in the slave trade, his commercial affairs, and his death. Appended to the collection are a number of miscellaneous documents from the...
Abstract The collection contains six bound volumes of manuscript materials from eighteenth and early nineteenth century Peru. The folios pertain to the administration of the Viceroyalty of Peru between 1734 and 1812. Records of royal taxation, the royal tobacco monopoly, and royal oversight of imports and exports are included in the collection.
Abstract The collection of manuscripts and printed documents contains records of the private and commercial affairs of citizens of the village of Horche, Spain, between the late 17th and late 19th centuries.
- Latin America -- History 3
- Arequipa (Peru) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Argentina—Commerce—18th Century 1
- Argentina—Commerce—19th Century 1
- Argentina—History—To 1810—Sources 1
- Basques -- Peru -- History 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—18th Century—Sources 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—19th Century—Sources 1
- Catholic Church -- Bethlemite Order -- History 1
- Indians of South America – History – Sources 1
- Latin American History 1
- Lima (Peru) -- History -- 18th century 1
- Lima (Peru) -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Lima (Peru) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Lima (Peru) -- History -- Sources 1
- Manuscripts, Latin – Specimens 1
- Merchants -- Peru -- 18th century -- Records and correspondence 1
- Merchants -- Peru -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Merchants -- Peru -- 19th century -- Records and correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima 1
- Gallego y Valcarcel, Manuel 1
- Izcue y Arias (Firm) 1
- Jesuits – Missions – Mexico – History – Sources 1
- Jesuits – Missions – South America – History – Sources 1