Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This collection is intended to accommodate miscellaneous, primary documents related to the October 12, 13, 1918 Cloquet-Moose Lake forest fire and its aftermath when provenance or donor information about the material is unclear or not known.
The Baldwin Flats are located at 711 – 715 West Second Street, Duluth, Minnesota, built in 1891 – 92. The thirteen prints comprising this collection were copied from a photograph album loaned to the St. Louis County Historical Society, the copy prints and negatives were then transferred to the NEMHC. The prints show the exterior and interior of the building.
The collection consists of a four page report and one page cover letter, both dated April 1, 1966, and 26 black and white silver gelatin, 8x10, photographs. The photographs are of blocks and buildings between Michigan Street and Second Street, Mesabi Avenue to Third Ave. East.
The collection consists of the field data gathered to constitute a survey and organized into the Final Report. This data consists of detailed information on buildings, sites and other cultural resources in the Duluth community.
The collection consists of photograph albums from various photographers and collectors.
The collection consists of 8x10 contact sheets of Walter Kamphaus' 4x6 negatives. The images are of scenes and events in recent Duluth history.
The collection is made up of eight photographs by Chester Lewis showing buildings of Duluth or the surrounding area.
The collection consists of six undated photographs, collected by Marvin Meierhoff. The photographs depict the Kelley-How-Thomson Company Building; Marshall-Wells Company Building; and Blake & Waite Company Building in Duluth, Minnesota.
The collection contains photographic prints and glass plates of Duluth and surrounding areas.
The Collection consists of 5x7" and 8x10" black and white silver gelatin prints exposed and printed by Mr. Nylander. The images are primarily of Duluth street scenes, buildings, churches on the Iron Range, as well as military monuments and markers in Duluth and out East.
The collection consists of 127 slides on the history and development of West Duluth, including reproduced historic images and views from the 1980s likely photographed by Robert VanKleek. These slides may have been used to illustrate public presentations by VanKleek on the history of West Duluth.
- Duluth (Minn.) 8
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 8
- Duluth (Minn.)--History--Pictorial works 7
- Architecture 5
- Schools 4
- Streets 4
- Neighborhoods 3
- Business 2
- Business districts -- Minnesota -- Duluth 2
- Businesses 2
- Canal Park (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Church buildings 2
- Cloquet (Minn.) 2
- Downtown (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Duluth (Minn.)--Harbor 2
- Families 2
- Fond du Lac (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Houses 2 + ∧ less
- English 10
- Undetermined 2
- Duluth Boat Club (Minn.) 2
- Nopeming Sanatorium 2
- 1918 Forest Fire 1
- Archives and Special Collections, Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collections 1
- Duluth Historic Resources Survey 1
- IWW 1
- Kamphaus, Walter T., 1899-1991 1
- Kangas, Jussi Knute and Olga Sofie Johansson Kangas Hill, 1896 August 16-1932 1
- Kelley-How-Thomson Company 1
- Lewis, Chester 1
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Marshall-Wells Hardware Company (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- McKenzie, Hugh, 1879-1957 1
- Meierhoff, Marvin 1
- National Register of Historic Places 1
- Nylander, Lyman E., 1905 December 10-1972 March 27 1
- Oliver Iron Mining Company 1
- Southworth, Mira M., 1883 May 14-1975 February 14 1
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 1
- VanKleek, Roberts S., 1905 May 1-1987 June 6 1 + ∧ less