Showing Collections: 31 - 37 of 37
The collection consists of images and negatives made by or collected by Kenneth Moran.
The Collection consists of 5x7" and 8x10" black and white silver gelatin prints exposed and printed by Mr. Nylander. The images are primarily of Duluth street scenes, buildings, churches on the Iron Range, as well as military monuments and markers in Duluth and out East.
Linda A. Paulsen bought the Queen Anne style Alfred and Jane McCordic house at 2104 East Superior Street and converted it into a bed and breakfast enterprise called The Immigrant House. The papers relate solely to the house and its restoration.
The collection consists of black and white photographs by Hjalmer C. Rykken amateur but experienced photographer, that were made between October 1958 and July 1962. Content of the photographs includes: streets, views of Lake Superior, Central High School, Fire Hall, the Hibbard Plant, Lakefront, the First Presbyterian Church, Elliott Packing Co., Park Point, and Rail Road tracks.
The photographs of this collection were apparently the property of Mr. C. M. Thurston. Subjects shown in the snapshots are: family life, home interiors, Christmas with children, Lincoln Park, buildings – mostly family dwellings, children with pets, mothers and children on the porch, Seattle, Washington, boats in water, C.A. Nichols, Jr. , Adams School, Oneota Cemetery, 21st Ave. W., Oreck’s Wholesale.
The collection consists of 127 slides on the history and development of West Duluth, including reproduced historic images and views from the 1980s likely photographed by Robert VanKleek. These slides may have been used to illustrate public presentations by VanKleek on the history of West Duluth.
This collection contains 140 photographs of Duluth and 16 items of Superior, Wisconsin. All of the photographs are 4x6 or snapshots and have no corresponding negatives. A few of the photographs of Michigan street and 202 West Superior street includes signs for Western Auto Stores or Western Auto Stores Service Department.
- Photographs 35
- Duluth (Minn.) 18
- Architecture 16
- Streets 13
- Schools 11
- Neighborhoods 10
- Business 8
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 8
- Women 8
- Automobiles 7
- Duluth (Minn.)--History--Pictorial works 7
- Families 7
- Animals 6
- Associations, institutions, etc. 6
- City traffic 6
- Hotels 6
- Houses 6
- Employees 5
- Shipping 5 + ∧ less
- English 32
- Undetermined 4
- English 1
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 4
- Duluth Boat Club (Minn.) 2
- Gallagher Studio, 1913-1977 2
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Nopeming Sanatorium 2
- 1918 Forest Fire 1
- Albright, Ann Colby 1
- Anderson, Paul E. 1
- Archives and Special Collections, Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collections 1
- Bergeson, Jay O., 1889-1961 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Curtis, Charles A., 1936-2002 1
- Duluth (Minn.) Public Library 1
- Duluth (Minn.) Public Schools 1
- Duluth Historic Resources Survey 1
- Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1892) 1
- Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1987) 1
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Duluth Zoo (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Eldot , Walter, 1920-1999 June 30 1 + ∧ less