Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Collection contains photographs, drawings, specifications, maintenance manuals, correspondence, memoranda, and newspaper clippings largely related to magnetic drum storage devices produced by ERA and Univac during Alden Allen's employment with ERA division of Remington Rand, later the Univac division of Sperry Rand.
Contains private consulting reports commissioned by government agencies and businesses on subjects including computer systems, peripherals, robots, software, computer input-output equipment, storage devices, terminals, magnetic tapes, optical character recognition devices, printers, punched card systems, and computer markets.
Access to reports under twenty years old is completely restricted. Additional restrictions may apply for reports commissioned by companies.
Collection consists of correspondence, reports, notes, documents and artifacts from Engineering Research Associates (ERA) and Sperry UNIVAC.
This series consists of records documenting Control Data Corporation (CDC) litigation, including the Honeywell vs. CDC and Sperry Rand vs. CDC cases, as well as records documenting the everyday legal activities of the company. Materials include court documents, legal briefs, case background materials, memos and correspondence, and patent files.
Collection contains photographs of Sperry Univac computing equipment and installation along with an assortment of Sperry Unisys publications.
This collection consists of the company administrative records for Lockheed Martin and its predecessor and subsidiary companies, dating from the 1940s through the 2000s.
Collection contains information on magnetic drum storage, including photographs and background information on the Flying Head Drum, patented by Richard W. Clarke in 1965.
Collection includes two scrapbooks containing photographs, newspaper clippings, Univac newsletters and brochures, flyers, organizational chart, and other materials documenting the activities of Engineering Research Associates, Remington Rand, and Sperry Rand Univac. Included in volume 1 (1947-1972) are photographs of plant buildings in St. Paul and equipment in development. Volume 2 (1972-1981) includes photographs of employees and some equipment.
The collection consists of litigation records, gathered internally at Sperry Rand's Univac Division to provide information on topics relating to the Honeywell vs. Sperry litigation begun in 1967.
Collection consists of a compilation created by the Federal Systems Division to document their products from 1954-1968. The compilation, titled Univac Computers, contains computer characteristics descriptions and photographs of computers as well as charts showing the Federal Systems aerospace and military computer genealogies.
Collection contains materials relating to various USE conferences, including meeting minutes, proceedings, technical papers, conference notes and newsletters.
The collection documents William Norris' professional activities and interests, primarily in the years after his tenure as president of the Control Data Corporation (1986-1995). Materials consist of articles about and interviews with Norris, correspondence, Norris' talks and writings, and subject files.
- Computers 3
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Computer printers 2
- Computer storage devices 2
- Airborne computers. 1
- Automatic programming (Computer science) 1
- Chief executive officers -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Computer industry 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer input-output equipment 1
- Computer software -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer software industry -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer terminals. 1
- Computer users -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer-assisted instruction 1
- Computers -- History -- Sources 1
- Computers -- History. 1
- Computers -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Engineering Research Associates 4
- Remington Rand, Inc. 3
- Sperry Rand (Corporation) 3
- Control Data Corporation 2
- Honeywell Inc. 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Allen, Alden W. 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 1
- Association for Computing Machinery 1
- Auerbach Associates 1
- Bunker-Ramo Corporation. Teleregister Products and Services. 1
- Burroughs Corporation 1
- Center for Computer Sciences and Technology. 1
- Clarke, Richard W. 1
- Cordes, James P. 1
- Data Processing Management Association 1
- Electronics Research Center (U.S.) 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Great Britain. Central Computer Agency. 1 ∧ less