Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: CBI 110
Abstract Contains published annual reports, directories, newsletters, and other miscellaneous publications of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), its regions, and chapters.
Identifier: CBI 76
Abstract Collection contains chronological files which contain outgoing correspondence relating to Bruce Gilchrist's duties as an officer of the ACM and AFIPS. Most of the records prior to 1965 concern ACM and those records created in 1965 or later relate to AFIPS.
Identifier: CBI 3
Abstract Collection contains conference presentations, professional organization materials, articles and speeches authored by Hammer, publications relating to Hammer, diaries and photographs. Conference presentations (1955-1989) include speeches given by Hammer, correspondence, and conference ephemera. Many of his presentations focused on the future of the computer and the effect of computers on society and management. Records of professional organizations (1967-1986) include minutes, correspondence,...
Identifier: CBI 43
Abstract Collection consists of files Daniel McCracken created during his professional involvement with ACM, as well as his personal papers. The collection contains council and executive committee agendas, minutes, and attachments (1974-1982), correspondence (1969-1982), and personnel lists (1974-1983), personal correspondence, and material from a programming course taught by McCracken.
Identifier: CBI 50
Abstract Contains correspondence, notes, memoranda, lists, reports, reference material, financial records, publications, posters, advertisements, photographs, and a videotape relating to Edmund Berkeley and Berkeley Enterprises. The earliest records in the collection relate to his insurance work, the applications of symbolic logic and computing machines to business, the formation of the Association for Computing Machinery, and his military service at Dahlgren. Later records focus on the publications and...
Identifier: CBI 265
Abstract The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Dates: 1900 - 2012; Majority of material found within 1935 - 2005
Identifier: CBI 23
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, meeting minutes, reports, brochures, newspapers clippings, and news releases relating to George Glaser's professional activities. Most of the collection concerns AFIPS and includes information about administration, the National Joint Computer Conference (1973-1977), committees, board of directors, planning, finances, the International Federation for Information Processing, and Washington activities. Also included are records relating to Glaser's...
Identifier: CBI 42
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, technical reports and notes, subject files, minutes, manuals, photographs, audio tapes, videotapes, publications, presentations, and a deposition related to Herbert Bright's work in the computer industry and with computer professional groups. Records from Philco and COMPLAN include chronological files for brief periods. Also included in the collection are some personal papers and photographs that partially document the period from 1924-1956.
Identifier: CBI 52
Abstract Collection contains documentation of Isaac L. Auerbach's activities in several professional associations, especially IFIP, his consulting, and other business activities. The IFIP records include materials about the biennial congresses and document the growth and activities of the federation; its relationship with other professional organizations is also documented. The AFIPS records focus on the History of Computing Committee and the Computer History Project of the late 1960s to mid 1970s,...
Dates: 1948-1987; bulk 1957-1987
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 5
- Computer industry 2
- Computers 2
- Computers -- History. 2
- Electronic data processing -- Societies, etc. 2
- APT (Computer program language) -- Standards. 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States. 1
- Automation -- Periodicals. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) -- Standards 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer programming 1
- Computer software industry 1
- Computer user groups 1
- Computers -- Periodicals 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 6
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 2
- Burroughs Corporation 2
- Gilchrist, Bruce, 1930- 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- International Federation for Information Processing 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Sammet, Jean E., 1928- 2
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- American National Standards Institute. 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Arnoni, M. S. 1
- Association of Independent Software Companies 1
- Berkeley Enterprises. 1
- Berkeley, Edmund C. (Edmund Callis). 1
- Bright, Herbert S. (Herbert Samuel), 1919-1986 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- Commerce Technical Advisory Board. 1 ∧ less