Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: CBI 3
Abstract Collection contains conference presentations, professional organization materials, articles and speeches authored by Hammer, publications relating to Hammer, diaries and photographs. Conference presentations (1955-1989) include speeches given by Hammer, correspondence, and conference ephemera. Many of his presentations focused on the future of the computer and the effect of computers on society and management. Records of professional organizations (1967-1986) include minutes, correspondence,...
Identifier: CBI 265
Abstract The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Dates: 1900 - 2012; Majority of material found within 1935 - 2005
Identifier: CBI 42
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, technical reports and notes, subject files, minutes, manuals, photographs, audio tapes, videotapes, publications, presentations, and a deposition related to Herbert Bright's work in the computer industry and with computer professional groups. Records from Philco and COMPLAN include chronological files for brief periods. Also included in the collection are some personal papers and photographs that partially document the period from 1924-1956.
Identifier: CBI 52
Abstract Collection contains documentation of Isaac L. Auerbach's activities in several professional associations, especially IFIP, his consulting, and other business activities. The IFIP records include materials about the biennial congresses and document the growth and activities of the federation; its relationship with other professional organizations is also documented. The AFIPS records focus on the History of Computing Committee and the Computer History Project of the late 1960s to mid 1970s,...
Dates: 1948-1987; bulk 1957-1987
Identifier: CBI 78
Abstract Contains transcripts from each of the eighteen symposia. The collection includes a synopsis of the first symposium, verbatim and edited transcripts of the second through eleventh Rand Symposia edited by Fred Gruenberger. The synopsis of the first symposium and the transcripts of the second through eighth symposia are in bound volumes while the transcripts for the ninth through eighteenth symposia are foldered.
Identifier: CBI 56
Abstract Collection contains AFIPS and ERA/Remington Rand records created in conjunction with Rolland B. Arndt's association with AFIPS and employment at ERA/Remington Rand. The AFIPS records include minutes, reports, correspondence, memoranda, computer printouts, financial records, subject files, and handwritten notes. The records document the financial history and board decisions from 1970-1987, the period that immediately preceded the dissolution of AFIPS. The records from ERA and Remington Rand...
Identifier: CBI 114
Abstract Contains documents, photographs, and audiovisuals related to the American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS), its History of Computing Committee (HOCC), and work preserving the history of computing.
- Computer industry -- History. 2
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 2
- Computers -- History. 2
- APT (Computer program language) -- Standards. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) -- Standards 1
- Computer engineering -- Research. 1
- Computer industry 1
- Computer industry -- Congresses. 1
- Computer industry -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer industry -- Research. 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer programming 1
- Computer science -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer software industry 1
- Computer storage devices -- Research. 1 ∧ less
- Association for Computing Machinery 4
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 2
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 2
- Burroughs Corporation 2
- Hammer, Carl, 1914-2004 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Sammet, Jean E., 1928- 2
- Amdahl, Gene. 1
- American National Standards Institute. 1
- Andree, Richard Vernon, 1919- 1
- Armer, Paul. 1
- Armering, George. 1
- Arndt, Rolland B. 1
- Association of Independent Software Companies 1
- Atchinson, William. 1
- Atwood, Delbert. 1
- Augustine, James. 1 ∧ less