Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: CBI 61
Abstract Contains literature about computer hardware, software, and systems that originated or were developed at specific academic institutions. Since many universities can be identified with certain developments in information processing, this collection provides some access to information about projects (such as Project MAC, and the ILLIAC, ORDVAC, and Whirlwind computers) and systems (such as ALOHA). Information about any one topic is not necessarily comprehensive, e.g. there may be only a few items...
Dates: circa 1950-1985
Identifier: CBI 91
Abstract Contains bibliographies on various aspects of information processing including computers, programming languages, information retrieval, information retrieval systems, machine translation, and data processing.
Identifier: CBI 92
Abstract Contains glossaries on various aspects of information processing including computers, programming languages, data processing, standards, control computers, and graphics.
Identifier: CBI 62
Abstract Contains literature about hardware, software, systems, and installations in countries other than the United States, as well as descriptions of other countries' computing technology (regardless of where those descriptions originated). It also includes comparisons of different countries' computer technology, as well as reports involving multi-national organizations.
Identifier: CBI 52
Abstract Collection contains documentation of Isaac L. Auerbach's activities in several professional associations, especially IFIP, his consulting, and other business activities. The IFIP records include materials about the biennial congresses and document the growth and activities of the federation; its relationship with other professional organizations is also documented. The AFIPS records focus on the History of Computing Committee and the Computer History Project of the late 1960s to mid 1970s,...
Dates: 1948-1987; bulk 1957-1987
Identifier: CBI 55
Abstract Collection contains reports on the United States and international computer and electronics industries and markets as well as evaluations of specific computers, peripherals, and software published by a variety of market research firms. Contains reports about computer hardware, software, systems, and computer-related industries primarily in the United States that originated from numerous consulting firms.
Identifier: CBI 152
Abstract Collection consists of serials, newsletters, and other small publications donated by various sources; none are cataloged in the University Libraries online catalog.
Identifier: CBI 63
Abstract The U.S. Government Computing Collection contains government publications, technical reports, descriptions and manuals of computer hardware, software, systems, installations and projects. All of the documents were produced by some agency of the government, and in most cases the documents are concerned with work performed specifically by these agencies.
Dates: circa 1945-1990
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Computers -- United States -- History -- Sources. 2
- Ada (Computer program language) 1
- Aloha system (Electronic computer system) 1
- Automatic control -- Dictionaries. 1
- Computation laboratories -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer graphics -- Dictionaries. 1
- Computer industry -- Forecasting. 1
- Computer industry -- France -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer industry -- Germany (West) -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer industry -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer software -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer software industry -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer user groups 1
- Computers -- Australia -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computers -- Bibliography. 1
- Computers -- Canada -- History -- Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Advanced Technology Resources Corporation. 1
- Air Force Avionics Laboratory. 1
- Air Force Cambridge Research Center (U.S.) 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- Argonne National Laboratory 1
- Arthur D. Little, Inc. 1
- Association for Computing Machinery 1
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 1
- Australia -- Data processing. 1
- Automation Consultants, Inc. 1
- Burroughs Corporation 1
- Canada -- Data processing. 1
- Carnegie-Mellon University. 1
- Case Institution of Technology -- Systems Research Center. 1
- Case Institution of Technology. 1
- Commerce Technical Advisory Board. 1
- Computer History Project. 1 ∧ less