Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS) records document the organization’s administration and activities, and the AFIPS-sponsored Spring and Fall Joint Computer Conferences (later the National Computer Conference). The records include budget and financial information, reports, board and committee minutes, conference materials, and publications.
Collection contains chronological files which contain outgoing correspondence relating to Bruce Gilchrist's duties as an officer of the ACM and AFIPS. Most of the records prior to 1965 concern ACM and those records created in 1965 or later relate to AFIPS.
Collection contains correspondence, conference proceedings, meeting minutes, memoranda, sketches, newsletters, and policy manuals largely relating to the origin and organization of the American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS) and allied professional groups.
The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Collection consists of subject files containing reports, memoranda, electronic mail print outs, and notes created by Gordon Goldstein as an electronics engineer and research administrator at the Office of Naval Research. Some of the material appears to have been gathered in his role as editor of the Digital Computing Newsletter.
Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, technical reports and notes, subject files, minutes, manuals, photographs, audio tapes, videotapes, publications, presentations, and a deposition related to Herbert Bright's work in the computer industry and with computer professional groups. Records from Philco and COMPLAN include chronological files for brief periods. Also included in the collection are some personal papers and photographs that partially document the period from 1924-1956.
Milton R. Wessel collected and bound documentation of his work with ADAPSO and the American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS).
Contains transcripts from each of the eighteen symposia. The collection includes a synopsis of the first symposium, verbatim and edited transcripts of the second through eleventh Rand Symposia edited by Fred Gruenberger. The synopsis of the first symposium and the transcripts of the second through eighth symposia are in bound volumes while the transcripts for the ninth through eighteenth symposia are foldered.
This collection contains records from Walter L. Anderson's professional career involving Engineering Research Associates (ERA), General Kinetics Incorporated (GKI), General Accounting Office (GAO), and the Institute of Radio Engineers - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IRE-IEEE) organizations.
Contains documents, photographs, and audiovisuals related to the American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS), its History of Computing Committee (HOCC), and work preserving the history of computing.
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 4
- Computers -- History. 3
- Electronic data processing -- Societies, etc. 3
- Univac computer 3
- Computer industry 2
- Computer industry -- History. 2
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Computer industry -- United States -- Societies, etc. 2
- Computer programming 2
- Electronic data processing -- Congresses 2
- APT (Computer program language) -- Standards. 1
- ARPANET (Computer network) 1
- Accelerometers. 1
- Air traffic control -- Equipment and supplies. 1
- Auditing -- United States. 1
- Automatic data processing. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) -- Standards 1 + ∧ less
- Association for Computing Machinery 7
- Gilchrist, Bruce, 1930- 4
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 4
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 3
- International Federation for Information Processing 3
- Uncapher, K.W. (Keith William), 1922-2002 3
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 2
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 2
- Burroughs Corporation 2
- Engineering Research Associates 2
- Glaser, George 2
- Hammer, Carl, 1914-2004 2
- Institute of Radio Engineers 2
- Joint Computer Conference 2
- National Computer Conference 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Ralston, Anthony. 2 + ∧ less