Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: CBI 26
Abstract Collection contains photographs, drawings, specifications, maintenance manuals, correspondence, memoranda, and newspaper clippings largely related to magnetic drum storage devices produced by ERA and Univac during Alden Allen's employment with ERA division of Remington Rand, later the Univac division of Sperry Rand.
Identifier: CBI 176
Abstract The Engineering Research Associates-Remington Rand-Sperry Rand Records document research, development and production activities at company facilities in St. Paul, Minnesota. Collection consists of technical information on company projects, administrative materials related to the St. Paul location, engineers' files, and materials exhibited at the ERA 40th anniversary event in 1986.
Identifier: CBI 100
Abstract Collection contains reports and correspondence on ERA's capabilities and finances, the acquisition of ERA by Remington Rand, and the activities of the Electronic Computer Department.
Lockheed Martin Legacy Committee collection of patent applications and associated documentation, 1952-1988.
Identifier: CBI 207
Abstract Collection contains patent application material from Engineering Research Associates (ERA).
Identifier: CBI 238
Abstract This collection consists of the company administrative records for Lockheed Martin and its predecessor and subsidiary companies, dating from the 1940s through the 2000s.
Dates: undated, 1945-2013
Identifier: CBI 4
Abstract Correspondence, memoranda, manuals, patents, published and unpublished reports, photographs, notes, newspaper articles and reference material relating to Bell Laboratories, Kellogg Switchboard and Supply Company, Engineering Research Associates, the Univac division of Remington Rand and Sperry Rand, professional organizations such as the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the IEEE Computer Group, and conferences. Topics covered include Bell Laboratories' "Out-of-Hour" courses, air...
Identifier: CBI 57
Abstract Collection includes two scrapbooks containing photographs, newspaper clippings, Univac newsletters and brochures, flyers, organizational chart, and other materials documenting the activities of Engineering Research Associates, Remington Rand, and Sperry Rand Univac. Included in volume 1 (1947-1972) are photographs of plant buildings in St. Paul and equipment in development. Volume 2 (1972-1981) includes photographs of employees and some equipment.
Identifier: CBI 56
Abstract Collection contains AFIPS and ERA/Remington Rand records created in conjunction with Rolland B. Arndt's association with AFIPS and employment at ERA/Remington Rand. The AFIPS records include minutes, reports, correspondence, memoranda, computer printouts, financial records, subject files, and handwritten notes. The records document the financial history and board decisions from 1970-1987, the period that immediately preceded the dissolution of AFIPS. The records from ERA and Remington Rand...
Identifier: CBI 28
Abstract This collection contains records from Walter L. Anderson's professional career involving Engineering Research Associates (ERA), General Kinetics Incorporated (GKI), General Accounting Office (GAO), and the Institute of Radio Engineers - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IRE-IEEE) organizations.
Identifier: CBI 164
Abstract The collection documents William Norris' professional activities and interests, primarily in the years after his tenure as president of the Control Data Corporation (1986-1995). Materials consist of articles about and interviews with Norris, correspondence, Norris' talks and writings, and subject files.
- Computer industry -- Minnesota 2
- Computer industry -- United States 2
- Accelerometers. 1
- Air traffic control -- Equipment and supplies. 1
- Air traffic control. 1
- Airlines -- Reservation systems. 1
- Auditing -- United States. 1
- Automatic data processing. 1
- Chief executive officers -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Computer engineering -- Research. 1
- Computer industry 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul 1
- Computer industry -- Research. 1
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer printers 1
- Computer storage devices 1
- Computer storage devices -- Research. 1
- Computer-assisted instruction 1
- Computers 1 ∧ less
- Remington Rand, Inc. 7
- Sperry Rand (Corporation). Univac Division 4
- Sperry Rand (Corporation) 3
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 2
- American Institute of Electrical Engineers 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- Allen, Alden W. 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Arndt, Rolland B. 1
- Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc. 1
- Burrell, Warren P. 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- Computer Group Conference. 1
- Control Data Corporation 1
- Hill, John L. (John Lindsay), 1909- 1
- Honeywell Inc. 1
- Institute of Radio Engineers 1
- International Business Machines Corporation 1
- Kalb, Robert M., 1904-1976 1 ∧ less