Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: CBI 26
Abstract Collection contains photographs, drawings, specifications, maintenance manuals, correspondence, memoranda, and newspaper clippings largely related to magnetic drum storage devices produced by ERA and Univac during Alden Allen's employment with ERA division of Remington Rand, later the Univac division of Sperry Rand.
Identifier: CBI 176
Abstract The Engineering Research Associates-Remington Rand-Sperry Rand Records document research, development and production activities at company facilities in St. Paul, Minnesota. Collection consists of technical information on company projects, administrative materials related to the St. Paul location, engineers' files, and materials exhibited at the ERA 40th anniversary event in 1986.
Identifier: CBI 94
Abstract Collection contains reports, correspondence, notes and publications related to FORTRAN and COBOL development, and programming language standards for FORTRAN, COBOL, ASCII, and Ada. Also included is documentation regarding the Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation and its products BINAC and UNIVAC, Remington Rand, and the National Bureau of Standards and its computer, SEAC.
Dates: circa 1950s-1980s
Identifier: CBI 1
Abstract This collection contains pretrial depositions, plaintiff exhibits, deposition exhibits, trial testimony, trial exhibits, the final opinion and judgement, and indexes from the 1971 Honeywell vs. Sperry Rand suit.
Dates: 1846-1973; Majority of material found within ( 1925-1973)
Identifier: CBI 238
Abstract This collection consists of the company administrative records for Lockheed Martin and its predecessor and subsidiary companies, dating from the 1940s through the 2000s.
Dates: undated, 1945-2013
Identifier: CBI 4
Abstract Correspondence, memoranda, manuals, patents, published and unpublished reports, photographs, notes, newspaper articles and reference material relating to Bell Laboratories, Kellogg Switchboard and Supply Company, Engineering Research Associates, the Univac division of Remington Rand and Sperry Rand, professional organizations such as the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the IEEE Computer Group, and conferences. Topics covered include Bell Laboratories' "Out-of-Hour" courses, air...
Identifier: CBI 57
Abstract Collection includes two scrapbooks containing photographs, newspaper clippings, Univac newsletters and brochures, flyers, organizational chart, and other materials documenting the activities of Engineering Research Associates, Remington Rand, and Sperry Rand Univac. Included in volume 1 (1947-1972) are photographs of plant buildings in St. Paul and equipment in development. Volume 2 (1972-1981) includes photographs of employees and some equipment.
Identifier: CBI 56
Abstract Collection contains AFIPS and ERA/Remington Rand records created in conjunction with Rolland B. Arndt's association with AFIPS and employment at ERA/Remington Rand. The AFIPS records include minutes, reports, correspondence, memoranda, computer printouts, financial records, subject files, and handwritten notes. The records document the financial history and board decisions from 1970-1987, the period that immediately preceded the dissolution of AFIPS. The records from ERA and Remington Rand...
Identifier: CBI 28
Abstract This collection contains records from Walter L. Anderson's professional career involving Engineering Research Associates (ERA), General Kinetics Incorporated (GKI), General Accounting Office (GAO), and the Institute of Radio Engineers - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IRE-IEEE) organizations.
- Univac computer 3
- BINAC computer. 2
- Computer industry -- United States 2
- Computers 2
- Computers -- Law and legislation 2
- Accelerometers. 1
- Ada (Computer program language) 1
- Air traffic control -- Equipment and supplies. 1
- Air traffic control. 1
- Airlines -- Reservation systems. 1
- Atanasoff-Berry computer 1
- Auditing -- United States. 1
- Automatic data processing. 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- Computer engineering -- Research. 1
- Computer industry 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Minnesota 1
- Computer industry -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul 1
- Computer industry -- Research. 1 ∧ less
- Engineering Research Associates 7
- Sperry Rand (Corporation) 4
- Sperry Rand (Corporation). Univac Division 3
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 2
- American Institute of Electrical Engineers 2
- Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2
- Honeywell Inc. 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- International Business Machines Corporation 2
- United States. National Bureau of Standards 2
- Allen, Alden W. 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Arndt, Rolland B. 1
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 1
- Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc. 1
- Berry, Clifford E. 1
- Bloch, Richard M. (Richard Milton) 1
- Brainerd, John G. (John Grist), 1904-1988 1
- Burrell, Warren P. 1 ∧ less