Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: CBI 83
Abstract Collection consists of subject files created by Albrecht Neumann that document some aspects of his work with General Electric, as well as with other companies in the computer industry, and at the National Bureau of Standards.
Identifier: CBI 145
Abstract Collection contains 211 microfilm rolls of the plaintiff's and defendants' trial exhibits presented in the patent infringement case of Honeywell Incorporated vs. Sperry Rand Corporation and Illinois Scientific Developments, Incorporated. The microfilm are a combination of archival materials held at three collaborating institutions: the Charles Babbage Institute, the Hagley Museum and Library and University Archives and Records Center at the University of Pennsylvania. The combined master...
Dates: 1864-1973; (bulk 1938-1971)
Identifier: CBI 94
Abstract Collection contains reports, correspondence, notes and publications related to FORTRAN and COBOL development, and programming language standards for FORTRAN, COBOL, ASCII, and Ada. Also included is documentation regarding the Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation and its products BINAC and UNIVAC, Remington Rand, and the National Bureau of Standards and its computer, SEAC.
Dates: circa 1950s-1980s
Identifier: CBI 162
Abstract The collection consists of lectures and published articles by mathematician Gertrude Blanch, other professional writings collected by Blanch, and some biographical material and personal and professional correspondence.
Identifier: CBI 1
Abstract This collection contains pretrial depositions, plaintiff exhibits, deposition exhibits, trial testimony, trial exhibits, the final opinion and judgement, and indexes from the 1971 Honeywell vs. Sperry Rand suit.
Dates: 1846-1973; Majority of material found within ( 1925-1973)
Identifier: CBI 45
Abstract Collection contains records collected by Margaret Fox in an effort to document some of the early computer development activities of NBS. The collection contains reports, including the original report on the ENIAC, UNIVAC, and many early in-house National Bureau of Standards (NBS) activity reports, memoranda on SEAC, SWAC, and DYSEAC, seminar and conference materials -- including Samuel Alexander's notes from the Moore School of Engineering course, "Theory and techniques for design of electronic...
Identifier: CBI 63
Abstract The U.S. Government Computing Collection contains government publications, technical reports, descriptions and manuals of computer hardware, software, systems, installations and projects. All of the documents were produced by some agency of the government, and in most cases the documents are concerned with work performed specifically by these agencies.
Dates: circa 1945-1990
Identifier: CBI 32
Abstract Collection contains reports, manuals and publications from corporations, government agencies, and academic computing centers covering a broad range of computer-related topics.
Dates: 1956-1978; (bulk: 1962-1978)
- Univac computer 3
- Ada (Computer program language) 2
- Atanasoff-Berry computer 2
- BINAC computer. 2
- Computer engineering 2
- Computer industry -- United States 2
- Computers 2
- Computers -- Law and legislation 2
- EDVAC (Computer) 2
- ENIAC (Computer) 2
- FORTRAN (Computer program language) 2
- SEAC computer. 2
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- Computer Industry -- United States -- History 1
- Computer industry -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Standards. 1
- Computer programming 1
- Computers -- History -- Sources 1
- Computers -- History. 1 ∧ less
- Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation (Philadelphia, Pa.) 3
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 2
- Brainerd, John G. (John Grist), 1904-1988 2
- Eckert, J. Presper (John Presper), 1919- 2
- Electronic Control Company 2
- General Electric Company 2
- Honeywell Inc. 2
- Illinois Scientific Developments, Inc. 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Mauchly, John W. (John William), 1907-1980 2
- Moore School of Electrical Engineering. 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- Remington Rand, Inc. 2
- Sperry Rand (Corporation) 2
- U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory. 2
- Air Force Avionics Laboratory. 1
- Air Force Cambridge Research Center (U.S.) 1
- Alexander, Samuel N. 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 1 ∧ less