Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS) records document the organization’s administration and activities, and the AFIPS-sponsored Spring and Fall Joint Computer Conferences (later the National Computer Conference). The records include budget and financial information, reports, board and committee minutes, conference materials, and publications.
Contains published annual reports, directories, newsletters, and other miscellaneous publications of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), its regions, and chapters.
Contains correspondence, minutes, reports, proceedings, audio tapes, and artifacts that document the history and activities of the AWC. The records include officers' correspondence, administrative records, AWC policies, committee minutes and correspondence, AWC conference programs, an incomplete run of the AWC Source, correspondence on procedures for being chartered and writing bylaws, and files documenting individual chapter's activities which sometimes contain local newsletters.
Collection contains chronological files which contain outgoing correspondence relating to Bruce Gilchrist's duties as an officer of the ACM and AFIPS. Most of the records prior to 1965 concern ACM and those records created in 1965 or later relate to AFIPS.
Contains annual reports, information sheets on CPSR positions on issues, the inaugural issue of the CPSR forum, several issues of the CPSR newsletter, CPSR presentations, and information on the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI).
Collection consists of files Daniel McCracken created during his professional involvement with ACM, as well as his personal papers. The collection contains council and executive committee agendas, minutes, and attachments (1974-1982), correspondence (1969-1982), and personnel lists (1974-1983), personal correspondence, and material from a programming course taught by McCracken.
Collection includes an incomplete run of the ALGOL Bulletin, numbers 1-39 (numbers 9, 17, and 18 were not included in the collection), an ALGOL mailing list, a technical report, and a report on ALGOL 60.
- Electronic data processing -- Societies, etc. 5
- Computers 2
- Computers -- History. 2
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History -- Sources 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Periodical 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Research. 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States. 1
- Automation -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer engineering -- Research. 1
- Computer industry -- Awards 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Research. 1
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. -- Congresses 1
- Computer storage devices -- Research. 1
- Computers -- Periodicals 1
- Computers -- Research. 1
- Electric engineering -- Societies, etc. 1
- Electronic data processing -- Awards 1
- Information technology -- United States 1 + ∧ less
- Association for Computing Machinery 5
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 4
- Gilchrist, Bruce, 1930- 2
- Adams, Jim 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Arndt, Rolland B. 1
- Arnoni, M. S. 1
- Asmus, H. G. 1
- Association for Women in Computing 1
- Auerbach Associates 1
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 1
- Baglio, Donna 1
- Bell, Gwen 1
- Berkeley Enterprises. 1
- Berkeley, Edmund C. (Edmund Callis). 1
- Burroughs Corporation 1
- Carcaterra, Roxanne 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- Commerce Technical Advisory Board. 1 + ∧ less