Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: CBI 44
Abstract The American Federation of Information Processing Societies (AFIPS) records document the organization’s administration and activities, and the AFIPS-sponsored Spring and Fall Joint Computer Conferences (later the National Computer Conference). The records include budget and financial information, reports, board and committee minutes, conference materials, and publications.
Identifier: CBI 205
Abstract Records of this educational and scientific computing society founded in 1947 as the Eastern Association for Computing Machinery, documenting its administration, operations, projects and its Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which represent virtually every major area of computing. The bulk of the records date from the 1960s through the 1990s, although some older materials, dating back to 1947, are present. Records are from the major governing bodies of the ACM including president, executive...
Identifier: CBI 76
Abstract Collection contains chronological files which contain outgoing correspondence relating to Bruce Gilchrist's duties as an officer of the ACM and AFIPS. Most of the records prior to 1965 concern ACM and those records created in 1965 or later relate to AFIPS.
Identifier: CBI 107
Abstract Contains annual reports, information sheets on CPSR positions on issues, the inaugural issue of the CPSR forum, several issues of the CPSR newsletter, CPSR presentations, and information on the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI).
Identifier: CBI 150
Abstract The collection includes proceedings for DECUS annual symposia and DECUS publications, including DECUSOPEnewsletter, DECUS Program Libraryand pamphlets.
Identifier: CBI 52
Abstract Collection contains documentation of Isaac L. Auerbach's activities in several professional associations, especially IFIP, his consulting, and other business activities. The IFIP records include materials about the biennial congresses and document the growth and activities of the federation; its relationship with other professional organizations is also documented. The AFIPS records focus on the History of Computing Committee and the Computer History Project of the late 1960s to mid 1970s,...
Dates: 1948-1987; bulk 1957-1987
Identifier: CBI 46
Abstract Collection contains minutes, correspondence, and reports related to John Swearingen's work as international vice president and president of DPMA and president of ICCP. Material about the ICCP and the Certificate in Data Processing includes records of council and board meetings, test committee selection proceedings, correspondence related to CDP exams, and analyses of the exam. Material relating to the DPMA includes records about the interaction of DPMA with other computer professional...
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 5
- Computer industry -- Awards 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer user groups 1
- Computers 1
- Computers -- History. 1
- Electric engineering -- Societies, etc. 1
- Electronic data processing -- Awards 1
- Electronic data processing -- Study and teaching -- Standards. 1
- Electronic data processing -- Study and teaching -- United State 1
- Electronic data processing personnel -- Certification. 1
- Information technology -- United States 1
- Military art and science -- Data processing -- Protest movements. 1
- Nuclear warfare. 1
- Strategic Defense Initiative -- Protest movements. 1
- Trade associations. 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 3
- Association for Computing Machinery 2
- Gilchrist, Bruce, 1930- 2
- Adams, Jim 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- Anderson, Walter L. (Walter Leonard), 1922- 1
- Asmus, H. G. 1
- Auerbach Associates 1
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 1
- Baglio, Donna 1
- Bell, Gwen 1
- Burroughs Corporation 1
- Carcaterra, Roxanne 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- Commerce Technical Advisory Board. 1
- Computer Foundation Organizing Committee. 1
- Computer History Project. 1
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility 1
- Corneretto, Alan 1
- Data Processing Management Association 1 ∧ less