Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Finnish American League for Democracy records
Records (1944-1962) of the Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.) include treasurer's minute books and other minutes books.
Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minnesota) records
Records (1905-1966) of the Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.) consist of chapter minutes.
Finnish Socialist Chapter, Gardner, Massachusetts records
Records (1905-1966) of the Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter Archive consist of chapter minutes and minutes of the chapter's suborganization.
Finnish Socialist Chapter, Markham, Minnesota records
Minutes (1911-1931) of the Markham, Minn. chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Finnish Socialist Club, Astoria, Oregon records
Finnish Socialist Federation records
Minutes of the Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.) (1913-1920) and the National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.) (1915-1925) of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Finnish Socialist Organizations, West Coast Chapters records
Finnish Workers’ Club, Hibbing, Minnesota records
Records, in Finnish and English, of the Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.) consist of minutes (1962-1974) and a ledger of accounts (1935-1972).
Finnish Workers’ Society Kehitys, Cloquet, Minnesota records
Records (1911-1939) of the Finnish Workers' Society "Kehitys" (Cloquet, Minn.) Archive consist of financial records; minutes; membership lists; and play scripts.
Helmi Dagmar Mattson papers
Papers of Helmi Dagmar Mattson (1890-1974) include an autobiography; correspondence; diaries; handwritten and typescript articles, plays, poetry and books; records and papers relating to the Northwestern Finnish Historical Society; minutes of meetings of the Mt. Solo Washington Finnish Club; bylaws of the Finnish Workers Association (Portland, Ore.); miscellany; memorabilia; photographs and photograph albums; and scrapbooks.
Hilma Erickson papers
Papers (1931-1968) of Hilma (Bockman) Erickson (1887-1968) consist of letters written to her daughter Eva Helen Erickson (b. 1912).
John Wiita papers
Joseph Vaananen papers
Papers (1935-1983) of Joseph Vaananen consist mostly of family correspondence. A photograph of Vaananen is also included.
Kajastus Finnish Laborers Association, Milford, New Hampshire records
The records (1913-1966) of the "Kajastus" Finnish Laborers' Association (Milford, New Hampshire) comprise the official papers and by-laws (1913-1928); and clippings and articles on New England Finnish Americans (1951-1966).
Maija Lipponen papers
Papers (1964-1968; n.d.) of Maija Lipponen consist of three scrapbooks containing typescripts; newspaper clippings of her poems; and newspaper clippings of articles (some by Lipponen) about the Finnish Workers' Education Club (Lake Worth, Fla.) and other radical Finnish interests and activities.
Nashwauk Finnish Socialist Chapter records
Records (1906-1953) of the Nashwauk Finnish Socialist Chapter and related organizations (Nashwauk, Minnesota) consist of twenty-two ledgers reflecting Finnish organization activity in Nashwauk. Included are minutes, membership ledgers; and financial records.
Raivaaja Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Massachusetts) papers
Records (1896-1966) of the Raivaaja Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) include proceedings of the board of directors.
Saima Workers’ Society (Fitchburg, Massachusetts) records
Records (1914-1964) of the Saima Workers' Society (Fitchburg, Minn.) include proceedings; board of directors minutes (1916-1918); correspondence; economic committee reports; and property inventories (1919).
Work People’s College (Duluth, Minnesota) records
Records (1904-1962) of the Work People's College (Tyovaen Opisto), Duluth, Minnesota, contain correspondence, financial records, stock certificates, student club minutes, student rosters, and lists of and photocopies of proletarian plays. The College was founded to serve the educational needs of Finnish American Socialists and later, members of the Industrial Workers of the World. It was dissolved in 1952.
Workers’ Publishing Company (Duluth, Minnesota) records
Records (1915-1975) of the Worker's Publishing Company (Duluth, Minnesota), publisher of the Finnish language newspaper "Industrialisti," contain correspondence, financial records, and office files. Also included are items relating to the Work People's College (Duluth, Minnesota) and the Finnish American Athletic Club.
- Finnish American socialists 18
- Finnish American communists 6
- Finnish American press. 6
- Finnish American newspapers. 4
- Finnish American theater 3
- Finnish Americans -- Political activity. 3
- Ethnic theater. 2
- Finnish American publishers and publishing. 2
- Finnish Americans -- Massachusetts -- Fitchburg -- Societies, etc. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Illinois -- Waukegan. 1
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Nashwauk. 1
- Copper Miners' Strike, Mich., 1913-1914. 1
- Finnish American Socialists -- Minnesota -- Duluth. 1
- Finnish American Socialists -- Oregon -- Astoria. 1
- Finnish Americans 1
- Finnish Americans -- Biography. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Berkeley. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Rocklin. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Florida -- Lake Worth -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Florida -- Lake Worth. 1 + ∧ less
- Finnish 13
- Multiple languages 7
- English 1
- Erickson, Hilma, 1887-1968 1
- Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Markham, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Federation. National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.). Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Organizations. West Coast Chapters. 1
- Finnish Worker's Society "Kehitys" Archive (Cloquet, Minn.). 1
- Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter. Archive. 1
- Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.). 1
- Kajastus Finnish Laborers Association (Milford, N.H.). 1
- Lipponen, Maija. 1
- Mattson, Helmi Dagmar, 1890-1974 1
- Nashwauk Finnish Socialist Chapter and related organizations (Nashwauk, Minn.). 1
- Raivaaja Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) 1
- Saima Workers' Society (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Vaananen, Joseph. 1
- Wiita, John, 1888-1981 1
- Work People's College (Duluth, Minn.). 1
- Workers' Publishing Company (Duluth, Minn.). 1 + ∧ less