Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 54
Papers (1930-1935) of Adam Kattainen, a Finnish American temperance advocate, consist of poems and speeches. Also included are minutes (1942-1943) of the Alango-Field (Minn.) Red Cross.
Papers (1940-1979) of Alex Kyyhkynen (1888-1984) consist of personal material and records of Finnish American organizations in Minnesota, particularly the Minnesota Finnish-American Historical Society.
Correspondence, birth certificates, passenger arrival and naturalization records, obituaries, genealogy charts and family history narratives for the Beltt (originally Belttari) family.
Papers (1936-1970) of Duane Wiita consist of photocopies of his birth certificate and his parents' marriage certificates.
Papers (1935-1940) of Emil Laurila consist of farm records; correspondence; and photographs of a pioneer homestead farm near Markham, Minn. Correspondents include John E. Aho. Included are also boardinghouse, household, and farm records of a Finnish-American family who lived in the Markham/Makinen/Aurora areas of northeastern Minnesota. Income/Expenses records spanning 1920s-1980s.
Records (1918-1931) of the Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association, Kettle River, Minn., consist of minutes of the Board of Directors for 1918-1924 and 1927-1931; and financial records from 1923-1931.
Records (1874-1977) of the Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minn., comprise birth; baptism; confirmation; marriage; burial; and financial records of the congregation.
Records (1905-1966) of the Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.) consist of chapter minutes.
Minutes (1911-1931) of the Markham, Minn. chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Records, in Finnish and English, of the Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.) consist of minutes (1962-1974) and a ledger of accounts (1935-1972).
Records (1911-1939) of the Finnish Workers' Society "Kehitys" (Cloquet, Minn.) Archive consist of financial records; minutes; membership lists; and play scripts.
Manuscript (1985) of Frank O. Luoma consist of a handwritten history of the Finnish people of Wawina Township, Minnesota.
Papers (1896-1963) of Hazel Barberg consist of minutes and financial records of the Cokato, Minnesota, Onnen Toivo temperance society,1896-1958; a handbook of the Finnish National Temperance Brotherhood, 1906; Finnish postcards, 1903-1907; the Nels Peter Nelson family history; a family Bible; correspondence; newspaper clippings; and issues of Finnish and Finnish American periodicals.
Hilja Saari was active in the Finnish American community in Palisade, Minnesota. Papers consist of a brief history of the Palisade Finn Hall (typescript and handwritten), founded in 1913; a copy of the articles of incorporation under the name "Taisto" Hall; four photographs and two negative prints.
Papers (1904-1978) of Ina (Laukala) Karni of Cook, Minnesota comprise a typescript family history; two ledgers of a local Finnish Day Committee and miscellaneous items.
Papers (1931-1960) of Mrs. Ina Miettunen include minutes (1931-1954) of the Minnesota Finnish American Historical Society, Virginia, Minn. Chapter; photographs; records of the Messiah Lutheran Church (Mountain Iron, Minn.); and correspondence.
Records (1897-1921) of the Jarven Kukka Temperance Society of Gilbert and Sparta, Minn. include minutes, membership, and account books.
Papers (1906-1958) of John P. Korhonen consist of photographs, correspondence, mortgages, stocks, and a declaration of intent for American citizenship. Also included is a funeral memorial folder for Korhonen.
Collection consists of family history documentation pertaining to the Johnson-Davidsson family originating in Lokalahti, Finland. Kaleb Johannes Davidsson (b. 1860) was a Finn of Swedish origin, his descendants migrated to the United States in the early 20th century.
Records (1937-1944) of the Junior Kaleva League, Nuoriso Chapter (Ely, Minn.), a Finnish-American young people's organization, include minutes and miscellanous memoranda as well as material on the Junior Kaleva League itself.
Papers (1978-1982) of Karl Ahlbeck (1881-1954) consist of translations by his daughter, Lila A. (Ahlbeck) Lindgren, of his manuscript, "A Short History of the Finnish Settlement of Isabella, Minnesota.". The two translations are dated 1978 and 1982; the second has accompanying documentation.
Karvonen family history consists of photocopied genealogical charts and notes focusing on the history of the family in Finland encompassing the period from the 17th century to the 20th century. The collection also includes pedigree charts of descendants Gustaf Karvonen, born in 1856 in Kuusamo, Finland, and Aleksandra Maria Holappa, born in 1858 in Kuusamo, Finland, who emigrated to the United States in the end of the 19th century and lived in Minnesota.
Papers of Katherine Ruuhela consists of correspondence with Finnish relatives, in which is mentioned a brother who moved from the U.S. to Soviet Karelia; photographs of family members in Finland and in the U.S.; newspaper clippings; a scrapbookof collected poems and articles; a memoir of the Finnish-Russian war; miscellaneous books; a print of Juho Rissanen's painting of a Finnish American homestead; biographies intended for a family history; and miscellany.
Papers (n.d.) of Lauri Koivulehto consist of newspaper clippings of articles on frontier life in Minnesota by Koivulehto, pasted in a book.
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota 10
- Finnish American socialists 6
- Cooperative societies -- Wisconsin -- Superior. 3
- Family History 3
- Finnish American communists 3
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Duluth. 3
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Ely -- Societies, etc. 3
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Virginia -- Societies, etc. 3
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Virginia. 3
- Church records and registers -- Minnesota -- Mountain Iron. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Nashwauk. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Virginia. 2
- Finland -- Emigration and immigration 2
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Cokato 2
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Hibbing -- Societies, etc. 2
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- History. 2
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- New York Mills. 2
- Finnish Americans -- Societies, etc. 2
- Lutherans, Finnish. 2
- Temperance -- Societies, etc. -- Minnesota. 2 ∧ less
- Finnish 22
- English 17
- Multiple languages 17
- Ahlbeck, Karl, 1881-1954 1
- Anuta, Michael John 1
- Barberg, Hazel E. 1
- Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association (Kettle River, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church (New York Mills, Minn.) 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Markham, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Worker's Society "Kehitys" Archive (Cloquet, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Workers' Federation of the United States. 1
- Hakala, Joyce 1
- Halonen, Arne. 1
- Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.). 1
- Jarven Kukka Temperance Society (Sparta and Gilbert, Minn.). 1
- Jokinen, Walfrid J., 1915-1970 1
- Junior Kaleva League. Nuoriso Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Karni, Ina. 1
- Kattainen, Adam. 1
- Koivisto, Edith, 1888-1981 1
- Koivulehto, Lauri. 1
- Korhonen, John P. 1 ∧ less